THEFT !

Blackie said:

I did, and I wish I could post them here but it is not allowed :(

If anyone who would like pics of known thieves, just PM me with your email address. :devil:

Police are next to useless. What was their response to your report and photo?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I have just had my 5th Nokia stolen by a Thai girl within 9 months>>

Obviously you didn't learn from these thefts :doah:

<<I'm fed up with these thieving bastards>>

Keep away from them, easy ;)

In in Bangkok you should be able to pick up an inexpensive webcam solution. Either wireless or with an extended USB lead. Not difficult to configure.

In addition, the mini surveillance cameras are readily available in Thailand. I saw them demonstrated daily on the Beach road in Pattaya, on the left hand side, on the approach to Walking Street.

Again Panthip or MBK in Bangkok should have a supply of these items.

I've always believed that thefts are very rare in Thailand, but maybe I have to be more careful in the future. Just heard from my good friend that a gogobargirl from NEP had stolen about 5000 baht from him while he was taking a shower. It was his last night so he didn't have time to go to the bar the next day. There is a small chance though it could have been the cleaning lady of Nana Hotel too.

"Can we get back to the question please?"

Not really Blackie. Anyone who offers a suggestion that is remotely contrary to your opinion is brushed off with 'You don't know my situation, and if you did you would agree with me."

What is your situation? Based on the information you have provided I would have to say you are 100% responsible. Since I took the time to respond to your post I would like to know what was so 'incorrect' about my assumptions.

or you could continue to ignore people and invest in one of these:

http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/103592

It would be with you all the time, no pun intented.

In addition I would really be interested in a thread about living in BKK with a disability. I don't know your situation, but when I lived in Bangkok I often wondered how someone would get around in a wheel chair due to: 12-18 inch curbs, massive potholes, sidewalks that are not flat, non-friendly buses, etc. Seems like quite a challenge for anyone.

Blackie,

In many 100's of BG and freelancer encounters in hotels and my apartment, I have never had anything go missing. I usually lock up or hide my wallet while the girl's in the shower, but I have always left my mobile phone right out on the night stand.

Can I wonder if maybe you are underpaying the girls and giving them a perceived reason to want to steal from you? I know in most cases of "employee" theft, the thief will usually justify themselves by saying "I'm underpaid and overworked, so I deserve this".

Ranger

I have now been to LOS 36 times. I have only had something stolen from me once, by a friend of the girl I was with, who we let sleep on the bedroom couch overnight as she had nowhere else to stay. She took about 2000 baht from my jeans pocket (there was about 3500 baht in there). This happened in 1980 and I have never had a problem since.

I have been in the habit of putting my mobile phone by the bed for the last 4 years, including when I go for a shower. Never had a problem.

I am also severely disabled, so I don't think your physical condition has anything to do with your run of misfortune. Perhaps thinking that it is the cause of your problems is getting in the way of discovering the real reasons.

So when a dark side comes out and they turn out to be different than the sweet innocent girl they appear to be, it's like discovering a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Exactly, I didn't have a cross word with any of these thieves before the theft.

I paid them what was agreed in the bar, + taxi fare etc.

Just opportunism, I think. I'm stuck in one room and they had the run of the house (on the way out).

Archived