THEFT !

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police are next to useless. What was their response to your report and photo?

Good. I was treated very well.

I don't think Bangphen Police get to see/meet many Farangs.

I don't have high hopes though. :: We shall see!

I disagree. The majority of posters here say that they have never been ripped off. While I will tell you to watch your back with B/G's, I've personally have never been ripped off by one. Although I do take precautions to make sure it can't happen. In the end, you often are taking a total stranger to your room, and leave it wide open to them, while you take a shower, or sleep. A ripe situation, to say the least, anywhere in the world. Clearly, in my experience, it is quite remarkable how little problems I've encounted there, and others as well.

Another common point not expressed here yet, is freelancers as opposed to b/g's. Freelancer's can be very hard to track down, while B'g's are easily found. IMO, is best to be more diligent with this group, although I've never had a problem with one. And I've taken many.

HT

B'g's are easily found.

Only if the mgr or mamasan take care with the application form and get a recent copy of a receipt for their room and call the landlord or l/lady to confirm..

This girl (on Sunday) did not provide a current address to the bar.

Very few bar owners care abt current addresses of their staff AFAIK.

Maybe some bar owners on this forum could advise on this.

Well the girls do move often, so a 'current' address is probably not a usual thing.

Having said that though, it is unusual fro the girl not to return to her place of work, and almost unheard of that mamasan and other girls would not know where she was or how to get in contact with her. That she would quit her job for a mobile phone makes no sense even for a BG since the phones are readily available for a couple thousand baht, (regardless what you paid)

What would she do with a high end phone... either show it off to her gfs at the bar, hock it for a 1000 baht or trade it for drugs. :dunno: and 5 in 9 months ?????

I suggest you start going with a more normal class of bg.

Lao,

sorry, I should have made it clearer, she left the bar before she called me on Sunday morning.

Apparently the Thai B/F beat the crap out of her for working as a hooker sometime during the previous week. I didn't find this out until sunday nite at the bar.

More later.

I really try to avoid those ones that come in with the crap beat out of them. Whoever did it could still be tracking her, and you in your situation, should really steer clear of them.

I mean losing the 5th phone is bad enough, but having her bf come and beat the crap out of both of you would be a lot worse.

Like I say man, you got to pick better stuff.

Archived