why do Thai men leave these beautiful women

MrX

>>>I see many Thai men not making major decisions concerning finances without the counsel or direction of their wives, I see women who own their property and homes,<<<

traditionally thai women do control the family's finances. and the vast majority still do that today. the husband hands over his paycheck to his wife, and she puts in every day as much money as she sees fit.

not really male dominated... :p

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boys... there is something inherently improbable, even undignified, about members of our gender earnestly debating the degree to which we keep the "niggers"down....... really at times like these decorum is taciturn.......IMHO

"very few women will abandon children unless they have to ......it is against nature "

AmoresPerros said

"Either everything lies in what we mean with "have to" or U need to spend more time in Thailand"

Bit worried about your post. I am certainly in the "or" camp in that I live here which suggests you think there is something self-evident about Thai women which is not evident to me. Pray do enlighten!

Mentors said:
rompandadam said:

Having been here a while now a thing that repeatedly bewilders me when confronted by Thailands sex workers and hearing about their children upcountry, and their ex-husbands with minor wives etc is why any sane man would leave such beautiful creatures and who are they leaving them for.....even more beautiful ones!.......it just isn't possible!!!!

Does anybody know about this?

Because most thai men dont want to bear responsibility for a wife and children.

These is the point why most married couple dont want to sign their marriage at the district office. Just marry in a temple gives them always a free ticket to leave their girl and children. :devil:...but unfortunately true.

Actually I have spoke to women who contradict that theory. They claim THEY did not want to register the marriage, not the men. The women tell me that once they register then that gives the men legal control over them and it would be damn near impossible to get that legal control back if they ever split from each other. I think the legality is referring to house registrations and other such documents needed to conduct official and legal affairs.

"Pray do enlighten"

My pleasure! ity may seem surprising but for quite a few thai mothers the amount of money a daugther sends back home matters more than the way through wich it's earned. As for talking abt " beautiful working girls " especially if U mean the ones working in the western oriented areas, it hints strongly that U haven' been here long. Most expats(perhaps not the ones coming on retirement though ??) will lose that perception after a little while, and they will definetely understand what those girls look like in thai men eyes.

rompandadam said:

Having been here a while now a thing that repeatedly bewilders me when confronted by Thailands sex workers and hearing about their children upcountry, and their ex-husbands with minor wives etc is why any sane man would leave such beautiful creatures and who are they leaving them for.....even more beautiful ones!.......it just isn't possible!!!!

Does anybody know about this?

Well I do the same! :up:I leave one of this beutifull LBFMs for the next one. At a rate of 27 LBFMs per 3 weeks Holiday in LOS :applause:. So am I Thai now?

:dunno:

MaW

both places have religions which do support the male domination, while thailand does not have that.

---------------------------------

2 questions: why can't daughters enter the temple to give merit to their parents, like the sons?

and of course: why can't women be ordained as bikkhus/monks?

a 3rd (easy, they're all related): how many women in the Sangha?

Then, in the secular realm, how many women mayors, MPs, in Thailand? How many executives and CEOs? How many daughters are given preference over sons for prolonged schooling?

Further more: do you say that child prostitution has just been a fringe problem in Thailand? Do you say that the usual million or so prostitutes in Thailand are mainly males, or that males are even 25% of that sexworkforce?

Ideology? Which one? Do you imply you are the only one with a fair grasp of thai realities?

Do you deny that traditions, especially, around the family and kin support system have eroded continuously?

I am sorry to say, but I think you should try to enlarge your experiences beyond your victimized males neighborood and villages.

for the record, i never said oppressed.

I am just surprised that FlyW, who knows a bit the underside of Thailande, denies that there are a lot of women and children victimized in Thailand. (One could become with the number of incestuous rapes, I guess impossible in that great "woman rules the household" tradition.... ::!!!)

As for what you say: Always said i have admiration for thai women, much resilience and pragmatism on their part, good entrepreneurship, and IMO, because of that male domination, these great qualities (much better than men, I am known for that opinion too) totally under-estimated and under-used (in the performing sense of the word, of course).

Archived