why do Thai men leave these beautiful women

MrX

rompandadam said:

why any sane man would leave such beautiful creatures and who are they leaving them for.....even more beautiful ones!.......it just isn't possible!!!!

Does anybody know about this?

Show me a beautiful woman and I am certain that you can find a man that got tired of or did not want her.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

traditionally.......

-----------------------------

the problem is, the last 50 or 60 years have slowly gnawed at traditions. in the process, women and children are, like in any other 3rd world country, the main victims of these rapid and ineluctable changes.

as John and Yoko sang:

"women are the niggers of this world".

pattaya127 said:

traditionally.......

-----------------------------

the problem is, the last 50 or 60 years have slowly gnawed at traditions. in the process, women and children are, like in any other 3rd world country, the main victims of these rapid and ineluctable changes.

as John and Yoko sang:

"women are the niggers of this world".

sorry, but i don't buy that argument. that sounds like a simplified reality to fit an ideology. it does not stand up to thai reality.

if you want to have a look at some real male dominated societies i would suggest you go to places such as pakisthan and india. those culture have traditionally been male dominated, and still are so (forget that both places had female prime ministers - nothing to do with reality of the general public). both places have religions which do support the male domination, while thailand does not have that.

"there is no such thing to be noted in Burma "

Didn't U qualify the burmese tribal minorities as the worst bunch of people on earth or stg like that in a old post??

This one plus the Brazil thread... I gotta get back travelling...

Guest lazyphil

Good examples with India and Pakistan--its all relative--LOS compared with Europe/USA is male dominated but nothing as oppressive as India/Pak--its not uncommon to hear of honor killings even in the Indian/Pak communities in the UK.

"very few women will abandon children unless they have to ......it is against nature "

Either everything lies in what we mean with "have to" or U need to spend more time in Thailand

lazyphil said:

Good examples with India and Pakistan--its all relative--LOS compared with Europe/USA is male dominated but nothing as oppressive as India/Pak--its not uncommon to hear of honor killings even in the Indian/Pak communities in the UK.

and i believe that in some areas thai women might even be more liberated than women in the west.

the shit one of my missus's brothers eats from his wife...i don't know many westerners who would not have kicked the cow out years ago. i know, anectdotal evidence... :p

flyonzewall said:
pattaya127 said:

yes, it is hard to single out one guy or a bunch of them, but if there is something I am sure, is that Thailand is a male-dominated society. Not the only one, but since we are on a thai related board. Put simply, men, in different socail situations, work, family, etc..., have more power.

i woul not call thailand a typical male dominated society. in the families tradidionally women carry most power in terms of finances etc.

men have traditionally moved into their wifes families.

women do carry responsible positions in economy and politics (yes i do know that in the second tier of civil service ranks you have lots of women, but in the top tier you have very few).

and from my personal environment, family, mostly it is the wifes who dominate the course of where the family goes.

I agree with Fly on this one. Yes Thailad is a male dominated society as is most societies in this world and even the good old USA is a male dominated society. I do see in Thailand certain dynamics that don't fit Thai women as being opressed, abused and having no rights. The Thai economy in my opinion would collapse without Thai women. I see multitudes of Thai women running their own businesses, I see the majority of higher education students being female and not male, I see many Thai men not making major decisions concerning finances without the counsel or direction of their wives, I see women who own their property and homes, I see offices and places of business staffed by women more than men. The flip is that you don't see many women politicians or holding senior positions in government, major corporations or in positions with high public profiles.

Heck, everytime I hear a domestic squabble in my building the woman is usually berating the guy and if it comes to physical altercations where the guy hits her, the chick is the one calling the cops on the husband of BF.

I view Thai women as very competitive, free willed and ambitious within the context of their culture. As the traditional cultural roles continue to deteriorate I think your going to see Thai women have more of an outspoken or public voice rather than a behind the scenes voice.

When Taskin publicly mentioned that his wife was his "conscience" so to speak; I don't think he was joking or bullshitting. I think she has more influence and sway than most would give her credit for or care to admit. Doesn't sound like she is being dominated to me.

Archived