why do Thai men leave these beautiful women

MrX

It could be from a lack of change. Same clothes, same looks, same sex, etc. Then while looking over the fence one day, they might notice that it does look greener over there. For us, that is good. The women know what to expect. If we want to change beds, it is a lot easier.

Thanks Thai men.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure. You are saying that thai women go awol on their men? Or saying that there are a lot of single fathers in Thailand, because the woman is abandonning both children and husband.

I am only saying that because my answer was about abandonning kids, not a guy/husband. This may happen on the part of women of course, but are you really saying this is actually the norm: thai women are more likely to abandon children and hubbie than the contrary?

PS: Just for the record. I won't argue with you saying so.

LHL,

Yes, I guess you are. That song was by Harry Belefonte? Damn....

"From my personal point of view,

get an ugly woman to marry you"

It keeps coming back in bits, a line here and a line there!

Grabii

LaoHuLi said:

Harry Belefonte............ Jamaica Farewell.

Guess I'm old enough :banghead:

a little calypso beat if you please.........

"If you want to be happy for the rest of you life,

Don't make a pretty woman your wife.

I'm telling you what to do,

Get an ugly girl to marry you. "

pattaya127 said:

I am not sure. You are saying that thai women go awol on their men? Or saying that there are a lot of single fathers in Thailand, because the woman is abandonning both children and husband.

I am only saying that because my answer was about abandonning kids, not a guy/husband. This may happen on the part of women of course, but are you really saying this is actually the norm: thai women are more likely to abandon children and hubbie than the contrary?

PS: Just for the record. I won't argue with you saying so.

well, i can only talk about personal experience from the places i know. yes, i know more women who have abandoned their children than men.

i dunno if that might be any sort of general rule, it is just my personal experience.

and the cases i am familiar with here of children being sold in a darkness you do not even want to imagine - it was again more mothers than fathers.

but of course i know of a lot of cases of rape of children of both sexes by fathers, onkels, brothers.

basically, family structurs here are seriously fucked, and those fucked family structures breed lots of unimaginable things. i believe it is fruitless in the end to debate over which sex is better than the other, it's like the old question with the hen and the egg.

but just blaming one sex on the situation is very foolish and stupid (IMHO), often based on wishful thinking, connected to the fable of the exotic woman. a way of thinking which maybe roots in rousseau's "noble primitive" (how he ever came up with that shite?!). society is made of men together with women as an entity, a symbioses, not of both of them apart.

'basically, family structurs here are seriously fucked,'

'but just blaming one sex on the situation is very foolish and stupid'

If one really wants to debate good gender/bad gender it is obviously not a question of appointing blame..rather the identification of a dynamic which encouraged a certain type of behaviour

First though it would be necessary to establish that men

actually do leave women more frequently than the other way round (which you dispute)..and then working out why this happens

My subjective impression is tha it does happen and that the reasons might be linked to sex differentiated child rearing practices, early marriage, pressure to have kids early on in the marriage. machismo and maybe others

I am afraid you think all this is an excuse for Thai men bashing....Not so!!

>>>I am afraid you think all this is an excuse for Thai men bashing....Not so!! <<<

maybe not for you.

but the vast majority of threads about this topic here on the board do appear somewhat to motivated by wishful thinking. how many times have we read those posts where people put thai women on some podest of sanctity while they spread only hate towards thai men? and funny is that those posts mostly come from people who have often no thai language skills or hardly any contact/friendship with thai men other than the most superficial.

or these other posts of the whoremongers never leaving out a chance to vilify (maybe after some bad experiences with some hookers) thai women, still though sleep with them on a regular base, and despise thai men?

>>>First though it would be necessary to establish that men

actually do leave women more frequently than the other way round (which you dispute)..and then working out why this happens<<<

i don't think that it is possible to make any sort of rule here, the only thing i can say with authority is that in my personal environment (in the village - where the circle starts), where i have enough facts from both sides, i do know more women who have left their husbands for economical reasons than the other way around. nothing more.

>>>If one really wants to debate good gender/bad gender it is obviously not a question of appointing blame..rather the identification of a dynamic which encouraged a certain type of behaviour<<<

that one i think is beyond the capacities of the board, definately beyond my intellectual capacities, and i am not so sure if that would lead anywhere.

i am just saying that things are too complex to simply make those simplified statements of just blaming one gender (which is done very regularly here). people who do that should make the effort to spend some time with all sides here before coming out with statements which simply do not hold up to reality.

don't think that it is possible to make any sort of rule here, the only thing i can say with authority is that in my personal environment (in the village - where the circle starts), where i have enough facts from both sides, i do know more women who have left their husbands for economical reasons than the other way around. nothing more.

practicality IMO, she can probably make a lot more in the big city than he can, and at least in the beginning, not drink and whore it all away. (as all men have the tendancy to do, not just Thai men)

'that one i think is beyond the capacities of the board, definately beyond my intellectual capacities, and i am not so sure if that would lead anywhere.'

You have just rubbished the entire corpus of the social sciences laboured over for centuries!!

Archived