why do Thai men leave these beautiful women

MrX

>>>...how is courting done in the village?......<<<

generally village boys are extremely shy. it is often very sweet watching them sitting red faced next to the girl they are in love with (very different though when they just try to chat up a bird - then they are a riot). mostly common friends and relatives act as middlemen.

and still mostly sex happens there after marriage between lovers.

>>>how come the women get pregnant so quickly..<<<

in the village it is never really questioned that children have to be part of a marriage. that's it: you marry - you have children. they change now though is that many young people do not want to have too many children and do after the first or second use contraceptives.

my missus's brothers do that.

>>>I count among my friends so the 'tell any old lie to the customer' platitude does not apply...<<<

i would also not really simplify it that way. recently a prostitute friend of mine said to me: "we have all two faces". one the one hand they have made the conscious decision to leave their husbands (when that applies) which they do have also problems with, and they do have also moral problems with the work they have chosen. but they also have to keep/build up some sort of selfrespect.

everybody does in some way lie to themselves, we do, and they do as well. especially as the work they do is somewhat far away from the moral norms of traditional society.

there is no simple answer really.

i can only bring up my personal experience with the clan of my missus, and there clearly are far more women who have left their husbands and dumped their kids than the other way around.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Have you met some of these girls in the context of their families, back in the village? I'd wish they could stay with their kids, yes, but I did not see anything that led me to think they were washing their hands of their progeny, or dumping them to the family<<<

well, i have seen a lot of that.

my missus's niece has left her husband. he tried to commit suicide.

her neview has a wife who prostitutes herself even in front of his eyes.

the wife of one of her brothers left him to go to work as a prostitute and dumped the son with him. picked the boy up when she found a richer new husband who constantly beats the shit out of the poor boy. we try to get him back.

two other brother's wifes occasionally play the game behind the back of the brother's. one of them nearly shot the wife and her lover, but missed them (the wife behaves now a lot better...).

one cousin is after an accident handycapped. the wife left him to play the trade. his mother now brings up the kids.

another cousin's wife (he is also handycapped - his hand got blown off while dynamite fishing) has left him to play the trade, also dumping the kid with him.

do i need to go on...?

I think I am replying to Fly and you may be cofusing what he

wrote with what I wrote

...... fly wrote that they were abandoning their kids (' dumping the children with the husband')

not sure why you think the quote it ethno centrist.....do you mean it is ethnocentrist to think women are hard-wired not abandon their kids?

I completely agree these chidren are usually not abandonesd in the adrift sense of the term and that the wider family does very often nurture them successfully

certainly I know very little about anything very much and you were probably quite right to highlight my ignorance

last paragraph is spot on for me about women caring..really inspired my OP about men spurning their beauty if you define beauty quite broadly

do you mean it is ethnocentrist to think women are hard-wired not abandon their kids?

---------------------------------------

No no, that thai girls who are leaving their kids to the care of a parent while going to work and make some money in places where they can find work is not: abandoning them or unethical.

I see you agree with this.

Flyw told a few examples of loose parents. they are true, but should not be used as a theory of the reason why a 19 YO mother with no supporting hubbie at home or AWOL, finds herself selling her company to get some bahts home.

The following was sent to me by a friend...thought it might fit in here.

Stick

Many thousands of year ago, God was feeling creative. He decided to make the most beautiful country He could. He made the bluest seas and the greenest forests. Into the seas He put the most beautiful fish and gave them wonderful coral to live in. Into the jungles He put the most exciting animals, and gave them fresh water from crystal clear waterfalls.

At the edge of the seas He made powdery, white beaches and fringed them with cool palm trees - perfect for resting under.

Then He made the most beautiful women in the world, and He made them funny and cute and slim and sexy.

And God was proud.

But then He realised the rest of the world would be jealous of this paradise, and they would resent it and covet it................ so He made Thai men too.

>>>But then He realised the rest of the world would be jealous of this paradise, and they would resent it and covet it................ so He made Thai men too.<<<

well, mate, i think your friend should spend some time with some normal thai blokes, and enough time to allow for friendships to develop. they are just like everybody else - people with feelings, dreams, frustrations - the whole scope of humanity.

Archived