why do Thai men leave these beautiful women

MrX

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only leave beautiful women for one of the following reasons:

(please feel free to add your own reasons)

1. I find a more beautiful woman

2. I find she is not a woman

3. I find she is a woman and wants to go into politics

4. I find she has a husband/boyfriend who teaches martial arts

5. She's yours. ::

6. She costs more than I have.

Otherwise I just let them leave me :banghead:

>>>Then how come some of the great powered families of Thailand don't have a female PM by now (or even a major ministry), like the Bhuttos and Ghandis of P and In? Surely, they had daughters...<<<

because to have power you don't necessarily need to have a label such as PM. also in germany we never had a female chancellor, neither in france, nor in the US a female prez. and please safe us from the likes of benazir bhutto and indira ghandi.

anyhow, i do not really see the relevance of a female PM to the reality of normal people as shown in the examples pakisthan and india.

>>>I am just surprised that FlyW, who knows a bit the underside of Thailande, denies that there are a lot of women and children victimized in Thailand. (One could become with the number of incestuous rapes, I guess impossible in that great "woman rules the household" tradition.... !!!) <<<

have i ever said that women are not victimized? i don't think so.

women are victimized, men are victimized as well. human society victimizes itself. i just refuse to apply simplified gender stereotypes to reinforce wishful thinking. that is the tactics of revisionist debating style. pick out whatever suppports your position, and neglect everything else.

>>>I am sorry to say, but I think you should try to enlarge your experiences beyond your victimized males neighborood and villages. <<<

>>>Do you imply you are the only one with a fair grasp of thai realities?<<<

well, at least i have more than a bit of insight in a few selected areas. better than having only superficial insights.

i have yesterday had a great chat with an anthopologist about exactly those topics, and it was rather interesting for me that he correlated a lot of my involved and anectdotal experiences with his scientific methology.

and without shame i do admit that in that person i found someone who has far more knowledge than i have about "thai realities", and i am looking forward to have more chats with him as i am sure that i can learn a lot from him.

at least i seem to have the abilities to recognise when someone knows more than me, and can respect that.

as to your questions - i do not really see how that has much to do with every day life realities. you picked out a few points which are rather well known, you ignored points which would support a more realistic assessment.

yes, there are inequalities slanting towards your position in the practises of monkhood, there are other inequalities which women derive advantages from.

and as to rapes within families - do you honestly believe that just girls are victims? i can show you more than a few boys in the several orphanages who have stories such as those to tell. also, rape within the families is an international problem, not just thai specific, happens in the best families, happens in the most enlightened societies.

you can't just use that as any sort of proof that thailand is a typical male dominated society.

>>>Do you deny that traditions, especially, around the family and kin support system have eroded continuously? <<<

of course not.

but how on earth do you think that only females are victims of that development? the whole village society all over thailand is hit by that. society as defined by: members of all genders.

sorry, but i think you should stop replacing gender revisionist ideologies with actual research into the way more complex problems if you want to try to analise modern thai society and its problems.

and, a hint: a certain command over the language is definately not a hinderence in that endeavor.

again, just for the record. my initial post that started our argument mentiooned women and children (that includes boys).

Moreover, though you admit that women and children are victimized, which was my only point, you had to say it was said out of ideological slant.

The fact is, women in Thailand have been doing wide steps forward, there are just still places and inequalities that makes that not all thai women have gotten on the train.

It is true that traditionally, the social position of the SEAsian woman is often not to be seen from weakness but strentgh.

>>>Moreover, though you admit that women and children are victimized, which was my only point, you had to say it was said out of ideological slant. <<<

actually, your point was also that you have not much respect for thai men.

and my point is, when it comes to victimisation, that the whole society is victimesed, men AND women.

i do not just take out one gender. doing that is an ideological slant, and a mistake modern feminists do not make anymore as it only leads to a dead end.

>>>It is true that traditionally, the social position of the SEAsian woman is often not to be seen from weakness but strentgh. <<<

and that position of strength is maybe now only larger than before. and given the growing gap in education, slanting towards the side of women again, women will be getting into even stronger positions soon automatically.

about modern thai women and getting to the top.....in yesterday's nation ( I think yesterday) there was a mind-buzzing photo of a very funky young thai chick, billed as a medical doctor , casually dressed , spiky-cut hair, receiving an award from a tired old suit, for being forensic scientist of the year or some such..I did a double take, normally it would be him receiving such an award but from HER!!! even more improbable...did anyone else see this or am I abberating?

Archived