Falangs and Muslim food

The other night I was starving for Muslim food. So I went over to the Muslim food and ordered. My waiter, remembered me. I was surprised. I did not order my usual - pigeon but this time I ordered lamb. Every once in a while I have to have some lamb and when it was delivered, it was great at usual. I was sad that no falangs were eating there any more though.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reference to religion usually arouses controversy on this board, so it's best sometimes not to mention it at all.

But I agree with you (if that's what you mean) that denying yourself the pleasure of some culinary delight purely because of politics is definitely a case of "fucked in the heed" as my Scottish mate would say, whether it be halal, kosher, Hari Krishna vegetarian or haggis!

:dunno:

:beer:

Muslim food = Halal food

as

Jewish food = Kosher

has to do with religious rights and acceptance and method of slaughter, not with regional recipies

well. it don't got no pork ::

In the 'bad' old days on the train from malaysia to LOS the Thai waiters, being the wonderful fellas all waiters are to foreigners, had a great time with the muslim travellers.

'Please I can have some fried rice'

'Certainly sir'

'No pork, I am Muslim'

'Not pork ........ moo sir'

'Sure it is not pork?'

'Oh no sir, for you only moo' (imitating a cow call)

And they managed to do it with a straight face until they got out of sight. :neener::nono:

Archived