Another perspective GTG vs Bg

Pom_Jao_Choo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to disagree here with WYD, I think many countries are very predjudiced in visa applications. Look at all the Russian thugs we have floating around the USA, as well as other scum from various countries. INS here claims to reject women from many poorer countries as they are afraid they they will be exploited or trafficed usually by their own people allready here. Not so much afraid of how they will act when here.

I don't think it is fair to lump all Thai women into one category as you seem to do. Many women go to a foreign country, and get disillusioned with the guy who brought them there, and thus leave. Other women I have known go with the idea that they are going for a holiday, take care of the sponsor and return. Thus the idea of learning about the country or getting a job never enters the picture. Others, go and marry, and live a good life. They work hard and contributer to the society they live in, and this in itself helps to promote Thailand/women in a positive light.

Saying this I don't think there is a false prejeduce against women like this. ALL of the embassies know these problems and all have similar rules to keep problematic women out of our countries. That is why it is so difficult for these women to get visas.

Horsefeathers !!

Same as saying that all the English teachers in LOS couldn't get a real job at home either .............. and they still can't spell. :cussing::banghead::nono:

whosyourdaddy said:

Saying this I [color:"red"] don't[/color] think there is a [color:"red"] false [/color] prejeduce against women like this. ALL of the embassies know these problems and all have similar rules to keep problematic women out of our countries. That is why it is so difficult for these women to get visas. Plus there are a few bad apples who really cause overseas problems and ruin the reputation of Thailand and it citizens.

Dude you have alot to learn about how immigration really works. I hope you really don't believe that nonsense about embassies and immigration being on top of their game and their decisions are based on if a country has a large number of prostitutes. Immigration policies and practices are very subjective, biased and politicized. Do you know that currently the largest form of prostitution and human trafficking in the West involves white slavery comprised mostly of Eastern Europeans? Do you know how easy it is for an Eastern European to get a visa to the USA? Much easier for an Eastern European prostitute to get a visa to the USA than a middle class Thai girl. Show me the objectivity in that situation.

Old Hippie said:
KhMarried said:
all the Russian thugs we have floating around the USA, as well as other scum from various countries

What a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.

Care to elaborate? I think I can see your point about scum going to LOS?

I wouldn't call them scum but i also wouldn't call them the creme de la creme.

I know for a fact that there are alot of criminal elements from the former Soviet Union in New York and Los Angeles. I also know how people from the former Soviet Republic and Eastern Europe, use the system here where they collect welfare, disability and other social funds while they hold full time jobs.

How do I know you might ask? I have made some really good former Eastern block friends when I was in the tech business for a minute, I know many bouncers here in LA who are mostly former East bloc guys and when I lived in NYC most of my livery drivers were from the East bloc. You do guys favors and they do you favors and that's how you meet them. Once they like you, they tell you all kinds of things, which is how I learned the ways they game the social welfare system. I refer to all of them generically as Russians. They are very cliquish and don't mix freely outside of their own kind. Stand up people but I wouldn't trust them worth a shit when it comes to money being involved. I have met alot of different types in my years but those Russian dudes are a very stoic bunch, don't fear much and you have no idea what angle they are playing. Not smart to bullshit them. I am strictly refering to those guys in the gray areas and who have to hustle for a living, as I know only a couple of middle class corporate type of guys.

You go 'round about how biased and unfair things are towards Thai women but then you make a dismissive, generalized statement lumping together all manner of people you don't care to get to know as "scum."

If you're talking about bar-girls/ex bar-girls when you refer to 'marginal women' then as a lot of them have little formal education, qualifications, speak a disjointed form of Thai/English and are possibly only in a country on a visa which allows them to remain for a short period of time and also possibly prohibits them from working, then is it any wonder that they can't/don't get jobs?

::

Apart from the motivation of the girl herself, i.e whether she's lazy or not, which employer would take her on as I couldn't see a girl like that automatically fitting into a niche?

::

Archived