20,000 baht a month...

chuckwoww

Singhaman,

When a girl is making her own money (away from BG scene), the guy will not feel the required pressure to support her unless she is of the high maintenance variety.

Any money given to her supplements her current uncome so it can be used for savings, investments, big ticket items.

It is a nice situation that you are in. It makes money matters easier. But it is also a pyramid design so girls who are making their own money (sliding increasing scale) will be less available/more BF selective or you are not attracted to them.

I have a 27 yr old friend who is now making over 50K Baht a month at a pharm firm. Sometimes I wish i was more attracted to her as then the issue of how much, what are her costs, etc just go away.. It is never that easy though......

Cardinalblue

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is the guy is wondering if he is sending enough

----------------------------------

That's pretty much it for me. If the guy has not done his own homework about how much his GF needs and for what, not what we think he should send, I dare think he indeed he does not know much about the girl's life. Danger!

If he conveyed his doubts about the sum to his GF, and she is no country pumpkin, no amount of us telling him how little he should spend will also help, when she asks for more or the door.

There are no rules, just get to know the girl a bit more than past infatuation. I've known my GF for 4 years, i started sending money only in the 3rd year. before, that just 2 or 3 times during the year.

I found that also not bending to one's GF will, may show if she cares about the RT. May....

Someone posted about how a girl should be thinking in terms of love, not how much. Sorry, but TIT! I Most thai girls appreciate costless romantic moments, but at some points, how much you spend, or how timely you spend, the money you send/give is the proof of your love. It's almost as if "how come you say you love me, you don't give me money".

PS: Next post from san Francisco. Time to get back to work, and have a good laarb with OH.....

khwaimaisabai said:
Old Hippie said:

...if a girl can get one guy to send her 20,000YHB a month, and he is never there, why wouldn't she try to work and make more while she can?

OH,

I don't disagree with you - this is a well known saga in many cases. But, some girls are genuine (yes, I do believe that) so the answer to your question is that she is happy with this one guy and is willing to give up the scene if he can take care of her financially.

As for the family, again, this can be just a line - but I am sure that many girls pass on some of their money to family and this is another pressure to keep up the income level.

In my case, GF lives with M & F, neither are working so where does their income come from - the old sick buffalo. Also, I am sure that the sister and brother (with families) in Isaan get money as well.

This will run and run.

Khwai

I don't disagree with some girls being genuine, but I think they might be exceptions...got a message relayed to me from one BG which basically translates to "...yeah (my name) really likes me, and he's a good guy, but now I need to make money when I can, cannot have BF, don't know about the future ..." I have it on good authority that she now has a "special customer" she really likes, and he supposedly likes her and has offered to take her away from all this, when he leaves, she is right back in the bar working...at age 26, she may well be approaching her shelf life and realizes it. As many Thai women are conditioned to not fully trust men, or count on them, she and others in her vocation might figure they need to make all they can now. And if many guys are dumb enough to send her money, knowing she is still working, then why not cash in, next year they will be gone...

Jimmy Blonde,

Your story of your Thermae GF reminds me of so many. Knew a girl at Long gun, had a Japanese sponsor, paid 25,000/mo for and apartment, and 30,000THB/mo salary, she also danced in the shows, and went with any customer who would cough up her 300THB price for S/T she ended up getting pissed at the guy, selling all the luxury furnishings, and getting pregnant by some loser moto taxi driver...no doubt we'll see her on the wall of shame as well some day...

Well.....seems she can afford to call you

She certainly can. When you take into account the cost of living between UK & LOS, she's got more disposable income than I have each month, so I'll not be phone her! I just feel a bit sorry for her 'boyfriend'.

"detirmine what the rents are like, food costs, transportation costs, etc. and then decide how much beyond that I'm willing/want to give. Pretty simple deal from how I see it. "

I don't object to people asking what it costs to live in rural Thailand, what bothers me is the stickmans of the world making judgements on what lifestyle someone should get.

There is a big difference in giving the facts that you can live a barely subsistence life in rural Thailand for 2,000 baht a month and saying anything more is undeserved luxury. If the guy cares for the girl and can afford it (and he has been doing it for 2 years, so he can) what right does stickman have to say he is getting "juiced"?

Sounds like a case of simple envy to me (see stickmans comment on how much he made at one time).

TH

Hi TH,

I think the point he is trying to make, is that 20,000 a month in Korat, will buy you a very good lifestyle. Of course, that is very subjective, to what one considers 'good'. Certainly, it is way above the average income in that area. I posted my g/f income and expenses in BKK, only to show a basis/reference point.

The guy who posted is wondering if he is getting juiced, because g/f is saying what he gives is not enough. And again, it all comes down to what their agreement is, as to what degree his support would be.

I see posters fustration stemming from the fact he already gives her a shit-load of money every month, and her saying I need even more, if you expect me to take any initiative to make something of myself. I think poster is wondering if he is not throwing his money into a black hole. Stickman says 'yes'.

Based on what poster offered, I would agree. But there is so little information offered, that it's impossible to make a real judgement call on this. On the surface, a girl in Korat receiving 20,000 + baht every month, should be quite estatic. She now wants to hit him up for more.

Is she trying to soak him? It's really impossible to say, without knowing all the details. But looking at a girl in Korat, being given 1/4 million baht per year, with only 1 kid and her mother, and then saying that is not enough to support them, could be seen as a crock of shit. I can very much see where Stick, and the poster, are coming from.

HT

JJ,

Your and LC's reply 2 post earlier are the best so far.

IMO it's not about how much is enough to get by. It depends on many factors like what's your relationship, your own lifestyle etc.

If you're having a million baht a month lifestyle, would you want you partner to just get by up country.

MaiLuk,

You may get "worked over" by a TG in the States! Be careful.

In my part of the States, I've noticed there are more Issaan Thais than from other regions of Thailand. Most are women. Most have large age gaps between the farang and the woman, and yes, most at the temple functions seem to be married to farangs. Guess where they likely came from? A bar perhaps.

There appears to be a large difference between these and the all Thai families and the American born Thais.

I would not consider supporting a Thai waitress with a restaurant idea Stateside, unless the partnership was a good business idea and there were built-in protection for the partnership. Remember that in pure US partnerships, you and the partner(s) are equally liable and any partner can make decisions for all partners, even if she doesn't consult with you first. Set up a limited partnership with established rules on LLC decision-making restrictions on spending and management.

In LOS, I wouldn't even think about buying a business to support an TG. You have very little protection from her selling the business or doing as she wishes. You can't easily own anything in LOS, certainly not property, without a corporation that works around the Thai majority ownership requirements. And have seen more fail than succeed where any ex-BG was ever involved.

ABC

You posted the question, so I will post stickman's answer:

I am not going to let Mrs Stick near this one. As a great American friend of mine describes such things, you are being JUICED! 20,000 baht is a whole heap of money in Korat and if this isn't enough, cut her loose NOW! Hell, when I first arrived in Bangkok, I lived on that amount of money and Bangkok is WAY more expensive!

The question was not if he was being "juiced", he was asking if he is being unfair to make her pay (out of the money he is already giving) for the school he is insisting she go to. Stickman answered in the same way he always answers, by making the judgement that the money is way too much and the guy is being taken.

Personally I think that stickman has probably destroyed a number of relationships because of his advice. He may speak Thai and is familiar with the small Thai middle class, but he is still just a young, naïve, unsophisticated kid that really hasn't been anywhere in Asia but Thailand (I think he went to Singapore once for the weekend) and knows almost nothing about real world people and their relationships.

TH

Archived