20,000 baht a month...

chuckwoww

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As with many of the questions that come in to be answered, that one was just a small part of a larger email. Based on the situation that was explained, I stand by the advice given. 20,000 baht is plenty in rural Thailand - and on top of this, the 6,000 baht request for an English course in Korat was most likely bogus. A quick check reveals no courses priced at that level!

Of course there are many considerations that come into it and I agree with what one poster said about it all being relative to one's lifestyle. If someone can afford to pay a girl what many would consider a huge amount in that part of the country, then so be it.

I maintain that 20,000 baht is plenty to live in the Thai countryside. Hell, some farangs earn and live on that amount.

To anyone who thinks 20K baht is not enough, ask any Thai and see what they say... No, I do not believe - and never said that one should provde the minimum - but believe 20K is more than enough.

Stick

MaiLuk,

You may get "worked over" by a TG in the States! Be careful.

What do you mean be careful, the girl is gorgeous!!! I want to be worked over!

To tell the truth i had evil thoughts of leading her on to think that maybe she could get money out of me and maybe she would commence a fling. I wouldn't really be doing anything nor making promises of money, just let her wishes lead her where they may.

Sounds like a BG strategy in reverse. Her body is just too hot for this to go according to plan. Besides, a scheming thai girl (if that is what she is) cannot be out maneuvered and the streets are paved with many fool farangs who thought otherwise :: :D

I think in a long term relationship the amount should be relevant to the expected lifestyle of both and not related to what other earn or live on.

However, sending any amount to a girl you just see once or twice a year, just to keep her away from bars and prostitution while you're not there is plain stupid. And to believe she will stay away is wishful thinking

A different angle, and here assuming the girl is an ex-BG, is that part of her wish/demand/requirement is to maintain her income level from the days working in the bar. Many girls make 20,000 baht - and more. If the guy is not going to match her pay level, she may not be willing to leave the bar.

The question tho is: Is a girl justified in asking her BF to replace her BG income?

If she wants out of the scene, she should be happy to take a SUBSTANTIAL reduction in income so long as it is enough that she never again has to put on her knee high boots and walk on stage in her underwear.

If she does not want out and enjoys her work, then its a situation where her boyfriend is the one who wants her to quit to make himself feel better. Its the equivalent of a guy telling a farang girl to give up her high paying management position. The farang girl is going to laugh at the demand, unless there were some serious incentives and guarantees put on the table.

The fact is you are dealing with a bizarre situation when its a BG. You have to pay her to stop fucking other guys for money :doah: Its a paradox that most guys cannot get their head around and probably shouldn't try.

<<Personally I think that stickman has probably destroyed a number of relationships because of his advice. He may speak Thai and is familiar with the small Thai middle class, but he is still just a young, naïve, unsophisticated kid that really hasn't been anywhere in Asia but Thailand (I think he went to Singapore once for the weekend) and knows almost nothing about real world people and their relationships.

TH >>

If he has destroyed any relaitionships, then they are most likely from his opening peoples eyes to the truth.

You talk about relaitionships, and then middle class.

Do you think a relaitionship where one person "Buys" the other permantly is a good one?

Oh shit, we are talking about schools here, schools that don't exist (as stick pointed out) therefore this should be some where else, some other section

SOOOO

"Hell, some farangs earn and live on that amount."

So what? Does that mean a Thai can't have more?

"To anyone who thinks 20K baht is not enough, ask any Thai and see what they say... No, I do not believe - and never said that one should provde the minimum - but believe 20K is more than enough."

That is your opinion, based on the fact that you (and the middle class Thais you hang out with) don't think rural Thais should be allowed to live above the near poverty line. All I'm saying is the decision should not based on what is enough, it should be based on what lifestyle you want to give them and most importantly, how much you can afford.

TH

"Do you think a relaitionship where one person "Buys" the other permantly is a good one?"

It is not about "buying" the other person; it is about such a huge disparity in wealth that it is easy to give them a much better lifestyle. If you think because you give somebody money to live on, so they don't have to work, whether it is in a bar or a shitty factory, is buying them, then it is indeed not a real relationship.

TH

Archived