Songkran

chelseafan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stayed in BKK over SongKran the 7th year now and loved it. Didnt get wet a single time, but then I am always using my car. Not going to places were I expect heavy water loads either. Correct, you just need to find the best routing. At the end it is not so bad. Just imagine that a place in Norway, called Bergen, has 321 Rainy Days per year. This is bad! Cheers,

went down cowboy yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours...awesome.....every bar had its own water station.....trucks paraded selling sacks of ice at 35 baht a time ( thai price).......music was cacophony...saw people in wheel chairs offered no mercy.....a fire engine came down blaring, tooled up to sort out the big boys....pick-ups full of young men kidnapped girls and dunked them in the tubs in the the flatbeds...strangely though it was rather gentle....few falang and many women participating softened the focus..would go again and this from a songkran

non-enthusaist.....

"I FUCKING HATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I mean, who really gives a shit. You are living (or visitiing) another country, what makes you think anybody cares. I cannot believe the whining (whinging for you fucking brits) that I hear about this. You are the same people I LOVE to fuckin nail. If you think you are in the same status as a 60 year old Thai grandmother, you have another thing commin' to ya.

The funniest part is when you talk about how it is the farangs that are the problem. That is because farangs are all you ever see. You need to get out more. Check this out: Tell me you see one Farang in these photos

Shut the up or go home.:beer:

TH

Hi,

"Shut the up or go home."

It is exactly this kind of attitude that pisses me off. Why the fuck do we have to accept things like they are? I have been living here for 7 years now, this country *is* my home and I therefore think that I should have every right to bitch about things I want.

Just because I wasn't born here means I have to just take everything lying down and have no rights to complain what so ever. Fuck that!

Sanuk!

"this country *is* my home "

No it is not. You are deluding yourself if you think so. Do you call yourself an "expat" or "immigrant"?

Despite my handle, I always keep a objective view of my true status. If you don't have an escape route, you are fucked. As the witch told Dorothy, this ain't Kansas. It is a third world, developing country. If you think just because you have lived her 7 years means that you don't get soaked when you go out during Sonkran, then you are really worst off then you ever think... You need a serious reality check, Bud. No different then then thinking US$ 1,500 a month is some sort real wage. ::

TH

Archived