Songkran

chelseafan

i like Songkran a lot, it's one of the best things in Thailand

this year the mood got a bit dampened when gf and me got pickpocketed on Khaosarn: 5000 B + ATM cards, credit cards and gf's ID. We concentrated too much on our mobiles:)

same day a friend had a car accident, sister is still in the hospital :(

and yesterday drunk neighbours were drugged and robbed by BGs (Digicam + 2000 GBP)

so this time im glad it's over

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he can a negitive opinion, but I can't have the same about his? What is it that makes you people think this shit?

Have you ever been upcountry during Songkran? Have you ever even been in the back of pickup in Pattaya shooting anything that moves?

This board is not about sanuk, it is only about people getting the cheapest fuck they can, without going to KM11. Sanuk is fun, not cheap sex.

TH

TH,

No, I dont know what got into you today :angel:......

I remember 24 years ago when Songkran was about getting springled on with a few drops of water by older ladies and some talc for good luck, today it is huge waterfights that makes me avoiding LOS at all.

To each his own, when I look at the pics of the link you posted, that is mai sanuk :nono:

I am also a member of a (dutch) site, when I read the stories there, no bloody way I will be there, but those guys seems to have fun, so there is room for all opinions here.

I do agree that KS should not feel 100 % at home in LOS, a visa is quite easy to revoke IMO.

But, lets keep this board sanuk.

BB

I have a negative opinion about your negative opinion. Not about your attitude to Songkran. You either love or hate Songkran. Up2u. It?s the way you express your opinion that I object to - your insulting attack on the poster. Surely you can disagree without all the aggro.

BTW, I love cheap sex. Sanuk for me is getting wet in the shower with a gorgeous tilak soaping me down.

But we?re all different, thank Buddha. Be a fucking boring world if we were all the same.

:beer:

ThaiHome said:

This board is not about sanuk, it is only about people getting the cheapest fuck they can, without going to KM11. Sanuk is fun, not cheap sex.

With the greatest respect, you really need to chill out.

Sweeping generalizations like that won't win you too many friends, whatever their feelings about Songkran.

BTW, I've never taken part in Songkran, but the photos made it look like a good laugh, and worth a try sometime - so I don't have any strong feelings either way.

:devil::beer::devil:

Guest lazyphil

<<This board is not about sanuk, it is only about people getting the cheapest fuck they can, without going to KM11. Sanuk is fun, not cheap sex>>

I beg to differ TH, if it were just that me and I think quite a few others, yourself included would have cleared off long ago. I like Songkran myself, but I prefer loy Kratong myself, much less in your face so to speak.

First off, I would like to apologize for the harshness of my posts last night. I probably had drunk too much beer and the tone of the original post just irritated me.

All I have seemed to read about for the last week on various forums is farangs bitching about Songkran. I have been in Thailand for four Songkrans (have missed the last 2) and personally I always found it to be fun. The first two we stayed at friends house in Jomtien and went out in big truck complete with 4 barrels of water and outdoor speakers playing at full blast with about 20 people (2 Farangs) onboard. Had a blast, and so did everyone else. If you have never gone out riding the circuit in Pattaya/Jomtien, you should try it.

I have spent the other Songkrans upcountry. We went out riding in the back of the next-door neighbours pickup out to the various little villages in the area. Again, serious fun. Not that different then Pattaya, just smaller weapons so to speak, and probably a little more restrained, but not much.

A nuisance? Depends on your frame of mind and what you thing about it probably says a lot about you. I guess it comes down to that Songkran is for the young and young at heart.

TH

Archived