Chlamydia treatment (just how shit is the NHS?)

wonderlust

As far as I am aware from his posts on this board tomc12 is a trained (and practising?) medical doctor. I, although not a medical doctor, also believed the dose was a single 1 x 1000 mgs zithromyocin (4 x 250), with, if desired, follow up on the two following days of 1 x 250mgs (that finishes a packet of six), although (and can't remember tc's post now) *think* syph is higher dose (2grams?). Anyway, without getting diverted here, of all the posters in the thread, tomc is the one who should be listened to......(and yes, I would defer to his advice in this matter...).

>So again I've been fucked! 500 mg for 3 days is the dose for non-STDs

yeah. Funny isn't it how every doc you have visited seems to be of the opinion that it is *not* an STD. Why are you so determined to convince yourself that it was????

-j-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sorry you are having such difficulty getting your affliction under control. I had what sounds like a similar stubborn case several years ago. I just kept going back to see my doctor complaining I wasn?t getting any better. He would then put me on another antibiotic and tell me if I failed to get better in a couple of days to come back. To make a long story short, it finally cleared up after a prolonged regiment of Doxy. Sometimes these infections can be very stubborn.

For those dare devils who might attempt self treatment? a couple of things to keep in mind is if you fail to improve in a couple of days or even 24 hours you are probably not taking an effective medication. In my experience these things clear up rapidly if you take the RIGHT medication and if they don?t you?d better try something else (and by all means see a doctor).

One thing to weigh is the sooner you start treatment the less likely the infection will develop into something more serious. Waiting around several days for a doctor?s appointment and several more days for test results can greatly increase the chances for complications; this is especially true for females. Having said that I am not condoning the frequent or casual use of antibiotics; best to use them only when absolutely necessary.

ST

josh_ingu said:

>So again I've been fucked! 500 mg for 3 days is the dose for non-STDs

yeah. Funny isn't it how every doc you have visited seems to be of the opinion that it is *not* an STD. Why are you so determined to convince yourself that it was????

-j-

None of the doctors are of the opinion it's a non-STD, only one said there might be another cause. As I said, emergency doc probably meant to prescribe me the dose for emergency STD treatment. Anyway GUM doc today said he is convinced it was NSU which he says is an STD in its own right. He said the extremity of the pain may have been an unusual side effect of the doxycycline and that I shouldn't worry about shooting pains in my testicles, only worry if the pain is constant (which it isn't). Hopefully this is just about the end of the matter.

Just my two pennies worth.

I had gonoreah symptons a while back and asked pharmacy for some meds but no improvement after couple of days so went to a doctor in Pattaya showed him what I had taken (cant remember what it was) and he told me that there are some strains of both Gon/clamydia around Thailand that do not respond to conventional treatments. He gave me an injection in my ass and some tablets for 5 days which cured the discharge within 24 hours. Key here si to go to a doctor (and I chose one of those hideous looking ones that seems to revolve around testing bar girls as I reckoned he would be good at diagnosis and treatment.)

Cheers

What your doctor told you about there being resistant strains of STD?s in Thialand is without question fact (and not limited to LOS). And any doctor with a practice in Pattaya would probably qualify as an expert in this field?

I believe the girls working the beer bars in Pattaya to have a MUCH higher incidence of STD?s than say the bargirls or go-go girls that the average punter would encounter in BKK. I can?t give any statistics to back this claim up as it?s just based on my own experiences.

ST

Quote:

"there are some strains of both Gon/clamydia around Thailand that do not respond to conventional treatments"

I agree. In the US, some doctors are aware of strange strains from Hawaii, but most have no knowledge of SE Asia.

Check with CDC and WHO. Their web sites have tons of information unfortunately it is almost impossible to find what you want with out doing a lot of searching.

Still have an aching feeling in (mainly above) my testicles and swelling that seems to be getting worse :( Anyone have any idea what this is? Is it the after effects of the infection or might it be coming back? I'll go and see my GP but don't trust him to know wtf he's doing.

well doc said i definitely dont have epididymitis (said i passed the test 'A1' - never thought i'd be so happy to have another man squeeze my bollocks!) but that i have prostatitis and prescribed me 500mg a day for 6 weeks of erythromycin. not sure i'll even bother taking them as i seem to be getting better anyway.

apparently regular ejaculation and no alcohol will help me get better ... a mixed blessing :hubba:

Archived