Scheming GTG's

MisterBlonde

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi iuytrede

First of all, who is "OP"? Secondly, I will tell anyone meeting a girl in a Pattaya disco willing to jump right into bed with a guy, to be suspect of the situation. I don't have to have ANY experience to be able to see that for what it is. That is just pure common sense. Common....wake up!

I don't know anything about GTG's? :) I'll tell my GTG of 1 year now, whom I will marry next year, that you said so. But I suspect that she might disagree with you. ::

Do you really think that just because a girl working in Pattaya making 20,000/month, automatically makes her beyond reproach? That is silly. My second to last visit, I talked to a girl in BG7 who worked as a cashier 6 days a week, and came to the bar on her 7th, to pick up extra cash. Time to wake up, and smell the coffee, dude!

HT

Dude, your GTG hardly fits the "classic" definition of a GTG either. She would definitely be categorized in the "shades of gray" area. Like I said those old definitions just don't apply anymore. Thai society and cultural definitions as they apply to the roles of men and women have changed/evolved.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jj,

>>>>They party, smoke, drink, get high and they fuck before marriage. They cheat on their men use and manipulate them too.

A girl sleeping with a guy the first night doesn't mean squat nor does it define what her moral character is.<<<<

You are so wrong. :: In Thai definitions, it very much does define her moral character.

They all smoke, drink, get high, and fuck before marriage? And then cheat and manipulate them after?

Jesus JJ. I would have thought you held Thai women in a little higher esteem than that. You greatly disappoint me with your statements/sentiments. Before, I always thought better of you, and upheld a certain respect.

HT

So you really believe she is a GTG?

-------------------------

Nope, I go along with others using the GTG word, but for me she is a thai woman. It's not just Bgs who can smell a farang's wealth from afar (or up close). They may very well like the farang very much, but the "providing" factor is in the equation. And they do love gifts.

Tonight, she will just play the freelancer role.

------------------------

And get up at 6am to go work..... Saturday night only, you will tell me, I guess? ::

HT:

A girl hanging out in a Pattaya disco, jumping right into bed with you, is certainly stretching the GTG concept a bit.

-----------------------------

Maybe you don't know Pattaya, but there is a lot more thais and thai discos than just along the sex tourist drag.

From what he says, nothing shows she "jumped", not more than what happened to you.

In the true sense, you could not even hold her hand after 3 months.

---------------------------------

Did you?

Truly, guys, it's 2004 too in thailand, not every non P4P girl is keeping her knees tightly clasped.

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi jj,

>>>>They party, smoke, drink, get high and they fuck before marriage. They cheat on their men use and manipulate them too.

A girl sleeping with a guy the first night doesn't mean squat nor does it define what her moral character is.<<<<

You are so wrong. :: In Thai definitions, it very much does define her moral character.

They all smoke, drink, get high, and fuck before marriage? And then all cheat and manipulate them after?

Jesus JJ. I would have thought you held Thai women in a little higher esteem than that. You greatly disappoint me with your statements/sentiments. Before, I always thought better of you, and upheld a certain respect for you.

HT

Stop being silly HT. I am not stating that all Thai women do such things. My point is that to define today's Thai woman according to some obsolete value system is just not practical anymore. They do drink party, fuck around and basically indulge in lifes vices.

You proudly call your current GF a GTG but if I am correct you bedded her during your first face to face meeting. Now would you not call your GTG a GTG? She has definitely not followed the traditional/classical social procedure of forming a relationship with you. Did you go to her parents home seeking permission or have a senior Thai friend make the proper introductions BEFORE you courted her? Did you marry her BEFORE you slept with her? Since you know Thai traditions and morality so well(at least to be able to tell us what a GTG is) you should know that these things are required to keep the dignity of the woman and her family intact.

By a classic definition your GF is not a GTG. I know quite a few respectable Thais with social standing that would question the morals and values of your GF and would not view her as a "GTG" but I say that you have to toss those classic definitions aside and accept the reality that times have changed.

Actually HT it really does not matter what my views are. What is more important is that you drop this labeling system of Thai women into "good" and "bad" categories, that you seem to have a penchant of doing. Maybe I have a better understanding than you because I have relationships with Thai women on several different levels. I am also probably alot younger than you(which means that I have dated Thai women in my age group and never had the old man young girl experience) and have traveled regularly to Thailand since my 20's spending anywhere from 3 days to 4 months per visit. My exposure has not simply been with Thai women who are either prostitutes or on the internet chat rooms nor did I develop my understanding of them from Thai bulletin boards.

Sometimes, the anal retentiveness and uptight "no other way" views on thai women really amaze me (if they're anything, it's moving targets, :( ahah!). I can't fathom how one can live in a propriety bubble like that over there. Untie your collar, for Chrissakes :)!

Some of you should really go out a bit in thailand, not just the bar scene and a BKK outing with co-workers. Jasmine made a very informed point when telling how she found so many thai women interested in more than love and roses. I guess she only meets whores then........

HT, lemme ask you a question. You went on vacation with your new GF. Were all expenses shared equally? Did you abstain to make a gift? Still you'd be gravely insulted if we labeled her a whore.

I don't understand you. You are the perfect example of someone who met a thai woman who went along with not holding hands for 3 months and now you throw the stone at the ones who don't either.

(In case you pretext the prior net correspondance, I was also in correspondance with 2 thai women. we met, went together, and never had sex. But i will not draw any kind of propriety line in the sand for what is plainly individual choices)

HIGH THAIED said:

First of all, who is "OP"?

HT,

It means Opening Poster.

All,

OP came his to ask our advise, lets give it to him in a civilised manner, and lets continue in this manner.

Personally I think he is not right in using the general GTG definition, but only he will know exactly how to 'feel' this girl.

Then again, if she really asks for a car, I would also walk away..... euhhh... make that run away.

BB

OK guys,

I'll throw in the towel here. :) I'm obviously not going to win this one. I knew my g/f 6 months before I met her, and we talked for hours every single day, before our meeting. I did not meet her at Nana Plaza, or a Pattaya disco, where she instantly jumped into bed with me. There is a big difference in that, no matter what anyone may think. She gave herself to me, and still worries to this day, if I will leave her, and as such, she will not be good for any other. We had a very strong attraction, which still exists to this day. I still talk to her 3-4 hours every day, and will continue to do so, after we are married next year. 6 months ago I was introduced to her grandmother in Ang Thong, as the man she would marry. It is the first, and only time, a man in her life was ever presented to her.

Comparing her, and our relationship, to picking up a girl in a Pattaya disco, is just plain fucking stupid beyond mere ignorance. Find a better comparison, because you're going down the wrong road here. Did original poster know all her family members names, her dreams since 5 years old, and her every thought for half a year before meeting her? I think not.

I made a huge mistake in sharing my first meeting here with my g/f. It has constantly been thrown back into my face. Which is ok, but please know what the fuck you are talking about, before doing so. Have all the facts, and know all the details, before even thinking to bring this issue before me.

To original poster: (I'll accquiess).....The girl you picked up in disco who jumped right into bed with you, is a traditional GTG. Listen to these guy. They know what they are talking about. (:doah:) (sigh....)

HT

>>>My point is that to define today's Thai woman according to some obsolete value system is just not practical anymore. They do drink party, fuck around and basically indulge in lifes vices. <<<

lots of them do.

they have a description in thai for them - dek thiaow.

not that i wouldn't want to have some fun with one if i would be unattached, ten years younger and not too old to put up with all the crap of fighting other blokes who also get a piece of her. dealing with imagined infidelity is bad enough, but dealing with real infidelity on a regular base is extremely unhealthy.

but nops, a relationship as i understand the term with one of 'em? not for me. definately not. i prefer the one with an obsolete valuesystem.

Archived