EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now who's talking contradictory crap? The English players play in the same league as Viera, Henry, Pires, Gallas, Desailly, Makele, Saha, Wiltord, Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy, Van Der Saar, Baros, Postiga, Smicer, Ljungberg, Gravesen, Mellberg, Gronkjaer... Notice that includes half the French team and yet players like Gerrard and Lampard match or best half of them week by week. In a football match. It's on a pitch. Made of grass. So what if it's outside England? They're playing most of the same fucking players they play week-in, week-out. The only difference is, that in the Premiership, they play to win. That's my point.

Arsene Wenger and most of the independent pundits who know something about football* gave England a good chance. And why not? They did have a good chance. (Bookies don't set odds to give money away, you know).

You're the one that's biased, automatically discounting their chances, whatever the squad. Like George Orwell said,blind anti-English nationalists are at least as bad as the blind nationalist ones.

*And, as I say, I'm still top of the fantasy league. So who's a better judge of player at the moment? :neener:

When I last looked Bibblies, Chelsea and L'pool did not top the prem last season - so what makes Gerrard and Lampost better than Pires and Vieira? Pires and those imports have experience in other leagues, they are better players when it comes to international football.

AGAIN! You are flogging a dead horse, the facts speak and I suggest we lay this discussion dead - by football on that green field you lost a long time ago.

oh, and:

"You're the one that's biased, automatically discounting their chances, whatever the squad. Like George Orwell said,blind anti-English nationalists are at least as bad as the blind nationalist ones."

I was proved right, the results speak for themself. ... Oh yes, you better change manager for England again, cause you are the best aren't you? Just lack the right guy in charge! :D :D :D

You would make a great history teacher.

Cheers!

P.S. (added): It wasn't Pires and Vieira who beat you in the deciding match though... Not in QF.

Yeah, I'm flogging a dead horse:

All I want is for England to stand up to opponents and try to attack, just like Greece are doing against France now rather than defend because they're scared (probably having listened too much to people like you).

Is that so difficult to understand and to hope for? Why can't England do it if Greece and Croatia can? All it needs is a change in attitude. Or do you really think that the Greek and Croat sides are much better than England?

check_bin_krap said:

"*And, as I say, I'm still top of the fantasy league. So who's a better judge of player at the moment?"

Who cares? I am better at predicting scores (at the moment). Thats what counts...

Cheers!

Well, you would be, seeing as I didn't enter.

check_bin_krap said:

When I last looked Bibblies, Chelsea and L'pool did not top the prem last season - so what makes Gerrard and Lampost better than Pires and Vieira?

Er, seeing as it's a team game, it's difficult to measure, but let's see....

Player's player of the year 2003/4 (I.e. as chosen by fellow players):

1. Thierry Henry

2. Frank Lampard

3. Steven Gerrard

Thierry Henry himself said Lampard had been outstanding and was his choice. Viera said Gerrard was his favourite player and perhaps better than him. Sir Alex Ferguson also called Gerrard the most influential player in the Premiership...

I think that's taken care of, then. It was so obvious though that it makes me wonder about your excessive anti-Englishness...

*Moderators note: - Even with the smiley face that was totally uncalled for and goes well beyond good natured piss taking. DON'T do it again.

So Henry topped it Bibblies... And also the one of those who won it!

How did your English players do in the Portugese league (where the best team in Europe came from), France - Spain -Italy- Germany?

Thought so - you can only count those there on 1 hand.

I have said it again, again, and again - move outside your small, limitied world. I should complain to the mod here about your comment about my mother, but I will just put you on "ignore" from now on :cussing: :onfire: :onfire:

Archived