Le tour de France

BelgianBoy

Sayjann,

The 'other guy' in red was Gilberto Simoni, 2 times winner of the Italian Giro, great rider.....

As for Pantanis' record, that guy was so full of shit and EPO, his record should be scrapped.... IMO

And yes, that guy had his handle bar repaired, then it is allowed to hang on.......

BB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pantani may have been full of drugs and the reason for his death,but he was not the only one.

Cycling has a reputation for being one of the biggest substance abusing Sports.

remember the Year the Tour was cancelled because of all the drugs found?.

and Miller admitted this week he was on drugs when he won the World Championship.

i mentioned Pantani because of his maverick style and his throwing caution to the wind.

a breath of fresh air in a sport which can be boring to watch.

these days i only manage to catch an Hours worth of highlights on the TV,but i definately saw the rider being treated for a wound caused after falling off by a Guy in a BLACK car.

no mending of handlebars at all.

OK i only see a little of the Day's stages and there might be more than one instance of a rider seeking some kind of assistance from his Team.

perhaps we saw different things?......

i'm no expert as you know but i seem to remember a Year when many Teams were found to have drugs in the cars on the eve of he race and action was taken.

i was sure that the Tour was cancelled because of it,but maybe some Teams were omitted at the time.

this happened in the 90's sometime.

i know there was a lot of trouble at the time,but my thoughts are hazy.

I don't think any race was cancelled at all, but the Giro was in the headlights because there were various raids on hotels.

Teams and or riders may have been kicked out, but nothing got cancelled.

Too much money on the line.

Archived