Farang Shocks Massage Parlor

Palatkik

Haven't seen this on the net but a recent Pattaya TV station broadcast included a news item titled Farang Shocks Massage parlor.

Written and spoken by another expat with a dash of dry humor as these stories tend to be it seems, it reported an incident on 9Jul. A farang who is working as an undercover cop with the Thai (tourist?) police helps them bust a massage parlor where the girls are suspected of offering extra curricular activities. Shown on screen are a group of service girls facing fines because they were stitched up by a farang.

I was left thinking WTF!? But perhaps I am missing something here!?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole "Tourist Police Volunteer" thing seems to be limited to Pattaya. Another reason not to like the place!

I guess that some of those religious right types come here on their holidays and do this kind of thing. First I have heard of it at a MP, but common on Walking St and go-go bars. Idiot wankers -- go fuck off to your home country. I am sure there are folks who "need saving" there too!

And IMHO not too bright, cuz one of these days some fed up, well connected bar/MP owner is gonna hire "Motocy Inc." to solve the problem and there will be another unexplained Pattaya "suicide", likely from lead poisoning!

A lot of comments on the FLB board about this one. Some changing sides re supportive now against, others feel their distaste for the whole thing has been vindicated.

As I posted there, I feel it could have been useful but it has been undermined and I have never felt too comfortable in "do gooders" wanting to dress up in uniforms and get on the power ego trip.

Lets see whether the reaction to this sorts it out for better or worse.

In my opinion, this is being stoked by the do-gooder's interest in partaking without guilt. After all, now they can go to the bars and massage parlors, oggle and chat up the girls, have the girls tell them how handsome they are, and still not feel like they are "lowlife" like those "other" guys who do this for enjoyment. Add onto this a sense of power and you have an attractive hobby for these conflicted souls. Sadly, there are as many of them available as there are MIB who feel they must finish sex with the girls so they have filled condoms as evidence (all without compensating the girls, of course).

Good points gerry. I was wandered about the motivation of these volunteers when I read the following in the July 16 Pattayamail.com issue:

"Police raid the Jade, charge service girls 500 baht

Special crime suppression units stormed the Jade Berlin House, in Jomtien Nivate Village, at around 8.30 p.m. on July 9. The sting operation was enabled when foreign police volunteers set up the sting by using marked banknotes to pay a bar fine.

Once the transaction was made the undercover volunteer sent a signal to police outside to move in.

Officers moved and visited the bar?s rooms where there were a number of people involved in sexual acts. They were ordered to get dressed while the remaining officers rounded up 33 other bar staff and the mamasan.

All 33 service girls were piled into waiting police vehicles and hauled off to Soi 9 for questioning. The girls were each fined 500 baht before being released.

The mamasan was charged with operating a business involved in procuring women to sell sexual services as well as operating an entertainment business without the relevant approvals. She was locked up in Soi 9 awaiting further judicial proceedings."

"Tourist Police Volunteer" title reminds me of my school days of the "teachers pet" or just a regular "Brown nosing kiss ass" you find at most work places.

If they really are just volunteers, these pathetic pieces of shit have some kind of complex of wanting to be the center of attention, as they most likely are ignored in their home country.

I wonder if most of the police or tourist police who work with them, think of them as unwanted baggage, or a waste of sperm. I come to Pattaya to have a good time, not to have some outsider looking over my shoulder.

I regard them as the poor mans NGO ::

Expect more. Thailand got down rated recently in regards to human trafficking. If Thailand slips one more notch, trade restrictions may be imposed on the country. Expect more falang type police tactics. As for recruits, some 'volunteers', some have claimed, are representatives from the US Government. As to what places to raid, some claim they read such boards as this.

Archived