Ex-Pats and Non-BGs Stunners....

cardinalblue

Is this pretty much a non-extistent couple in bangkok?

Ever since a few posts a couple of months back alluding to regular stunners and where to see them, I have had a keen eye looking for this group in my daiiy travels.

I have come to the conclusion (personal observation only) that to see ex-pats with stunners approaches once in a blue moon environment (meaning never). I see plenty of stunners every day riding the rails and in shopping malls, restaurants, schools, etc, but they are with everyone else BUT falangs.

I will admit that most of the time that I make my observations, it is during business/working hours so one would not expect to see ex-pats with their GFs. Yet in the evenings or on weekends, the results really don't change at all. I see falangs (assuming ex-pats for the most part) with regular girls ranging from cute/pretty to average plain jane to below average physically. But as to stunners (yes, i know everyone has different defintions of what a stunner means), I just never observe it. I am talking about the cream of the crop say 1% to 5% of the general working/student population. I am not talking about hi-so girls and falang relationships. That is a completely different animal and the women I am observing day in day out, would be representing the general population of students, secretaries, office/hotel personnel, nurses, sales/marketing/public relations representatives, low level managers, etc. These would not be hi-so girls...

So what gives here and why is this virtually unseen in the general population? Do these stunners all have Thai husbands, boyfriends and many others waiting in the wings that falangs would have to take a number in line? Maybe because if they are already in such a great demand, the stunners don't even think about potential falang relationships? Or maybe ex-pats' lifestyle just isn't compatible with this particular subset? Or is it that the tiny ex-pat community wouldn't make a dent in the stunner subset group strictly based on such low numbers? Or is the social/physical characteristics (age, looks, weight, social position, occupation, wealth, etc) of the current falang community way below what regular stunners would expect/want?

I think we all know a falang or two with a stunner wife or GF but that is different than what I am talking about. In any given day, when one sees non-BG stunners out and about, who are they with?

I personally would like to see more regular thai stunners and ex-pats on a consistent basis just to help change the poor image and stereotyping of falangs by the thai public. I think when it comes to socializing/dating, I think the thai public has a very low opinion of falangs and what regular women (extremely physically attractive) they can get. I think it would surprise the hell out of the thai public if one day we woke up and started to see falangs with regular stunners together. I think this wouldn't sit too well with the thai public.....

If I could see on a daily basis one regular stunner with a falang in the general public, then a significant social change would have taken place. But for now, I just don't see it and i don't see it happening in the near future due to some of the possible reasons cited above.....

Cardinalblue

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask you something: what's the average age of the stunner you see every day in bkk and what's the average age of the farang you see in the shopping malls and are these farangs male stunners?

The answer to this might shed light on this mystery?

Neither do I see what the thai public with it's low opinion on farangs has to do with farangs walking the streets with stunners. Our defintion of stunner also has nothing to do with the thai defintion. What counts for me is not what I see in the streets or shopping malls, but who walks next to me and sleeps in my bed.

It is simply an irrelevant problem you are mentionning.

The gf I am with is very close to my personnal definition of stunner, which is probably different from the stunners definition of other farangs. And that's good: reduces competition. On top of that she thinks she's ugly. But what is far more important is her character match with mine. If others find her ugly, the better I am off.

And anyway, who wants to see a stunner with a farang????

A stunner who walks with ANY male is no longer a stunner...

I am not talking about hi-so girls and falang relationships.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that if a farrang was with a Hi-So stunner then you would not count this in the stats.

I do agree to some extent that stunners are in a much lower age group then 'most' ex-pats.

The other thing is. If you are disregarding Hi-So girls.

look at the type of girls available to westerners.

ether they are the Hi-So girls because they can afford to drink in the western orientated bars, or they are the 4ft dark isann girls who work in the srevice industry that catres towards westerners. (That does not necceserily mena bar girls though)

The type of girl you are talking about would only meet farrangs through their OWN office and many would see this as un-ethical or shitting on your own doorstep.

Therefore if Hi-So girls are out of the equation and the short dark farm girls are generaly not considered stunners then it leaves little opportunity.

Personally, for me LOS really does not mean the Land of Stunners. I love thai women, don't mistake me, and a lot turn me on, no contest, but stunner, it's more like a sight (+ a sigh :( ) than a woman.

Now there are some nice tall, well dressed women out there, with farangs too. But I think it is still a matter of $$, BG or not. These women are expensive to upkeep. very expensive.

I personally would like to see more regular thai stunners and ex-pats on a consistent basis just to help change the poor image and stereotyping of falangs by the thai public

---------------------------------------

That's a funny "sitting on the fence"' statement. You are a farang too. Does it mean you have a poor image of yourself (and i do mean potentially, here)?

I understand that (some) thais may frown on farangs, but that's their problem. Dont' make it yours too.

If you ask 100 males about the definition of a stunner you'll get 100 different answers. The stunner for A might be a turn-off for B and so on. There are many pretty/cute girls in Thailand but for me the only stunner is my gf. ::

Any discussion about stunners will end nowhere because, luckily we all have different tastes. :: Just my 2 cents.

cardinalblue said:

I think we all know a falang or two with a stunner wife or GF but that is different than what I am talking about.

Hi cb,

So what are you talking about? Why is this excluded?

Personally, I don't have the same experience in terms of what I observe. In the farang-Thai couples I see around, the proportion of stunners is about the same as farangland - i.e. about the 5% - 10% that you quote.

I don't know where you normally hang out, but try The Londoner/The Bulls Head/Robin Hood on a busy night and you will probably make the same observation.

IMHO you have got this wrong.

Khwai

Archived