Ex-Pats and Non-BGs Stunners....

cardinalblue

westerners in Thailand, and particulary in BKK as that's the place I used to lived in, *tend* to not to get the best girls Thailand has to offer

Why? Based on what?

Only looks?

Who does get "the best girls Thailand has to offer?" :banghead::dunno:

What a silly statement!

I think that comment you made earlier about "swapping a 30 year old for 2 girls half her age" kind of summed a lot of things up. And what's more, I found it offensive.

:: ::

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*perhaps* U didn't get much of a grasp of BKK's life, this one observation wasn't based on age BTW, especially if we meant main wife.

Than according to others posts of you, nothing surprised U feel offended. Our differences are so obvious it's almost relieving U find it offensive. And the funniest thing is I spent quite a few *fun* nights out with one Australian official U may choke while listening at. Great fun though, and U know what : he had this fun on people like U tax money

BB, not sure that's too personnal, just want to stress some guys here have such rigid moral values it's comical.

AP, Mate, I have been posting here for about 3 years.

Please see my comments embedded below..

RMorris, mate, how long U've been posting here?? (RMorris: see above)

we've been through the topic so many times boredom gets painful...(RMorris: After 3 years of monitoring this site I do not recall any threads on the unattractiveness of the wives of expats. Can someone reference me the thread. Sorry to cause you such boredom)

They don't meet my standarts because U get mostly girls Bangkokians in a good socio economical situation wouldn't bother for. (rmorris22: Can you clarify this statement for me. I do not have a clue what you are trying to say. No insult intended but I have to assume English is not your first language. We can work together on this.)

This often has to do from the girls' physical features and their social position, both of wich may well be linked BTW. (RMorris: This statement apparently refers to the previous, again I don't have a clue what your point is. Can you clarify?)

I hope this helps.

we've been through the topic so many times boredom gets painful...(RMorris: After 3 years of monitoring this site I do not recall any threads on the unattractiveness of the wives of expats. Can someone reference me the thread. Sorry to cause you such boredom)"

I'll do with it, several threads abt attractiveness of girls available for expats in BKK, pretty sure Crash999 has been posting quite a bit on them, then luisbkk, just tried the search engine but almost nothing come from those posters, perhaps U're luckier

"They don't meet my standarts because U get mostly girls Bangkokians in a good socio economical situation wouldn't bother for. (rmorris22: Can you clarify this statement for me. I do not have a clue what you are trying to say. No insult intended but I have to assume English is not your first language. We can work together on this.)"

Jeez, than we gotta go again, well off Bangkokians will go more for light skinned girls, with a decent family and educationnal backround (i e not isaan farmers), it seems that in BKK westerners on holidays get the worst of it, the ugliest and most obvious prostitutes. Than the expats as they spend time here, expats become pickier but still seem to end up with wery dodgy girls or office birds for whom they represent a few steps up the welfare ladder.

Didn't say everybody, read Tokbek post, very interesting remarks there.

I'm pretty sure though that if U've been on the forum 3 years we've been threougfh that topic a few times

"This often has to do from the girls' physical features and their social position, both of wich may well be linked BTW. (RMorris: This statement apparently refers to the previous, again I don't have a clue what your point is. Can you clarify?)"

This one meant that some physical features in BKK will trap the people in difficult social positions. Hard to get a good job when U have a very dark skin, a flat nose and a wide jaw.

I hope this helps.

Jeez, than we gotta go again, well off Bangkokians will go more for light skinned girls, with a decent family and educationnal backround (i e not isaan farmers), it seems that in BKK westerners on holidays get the worst of it, the ugliest and most obvious prostitutes. Than the expats as they spend time here, expats become pickier but still seem to end up with wery dodgy girls or office birds for whom they represent a few steps up the welfare ladder.

Didn't say everybody, read Tokbek post, very interesting remarks there.

I'm pretty sure though that if U've been on the forum 3 years we've been threougfh that topic a few times

So, What type of woman do you get working as a domestic? Nothing? But I guess that is okay since you are obviously an anthropologist, since you seem more concerned about the skeletal and physical structure of Thai women than you do about the person themselves. But anyway, on my repeated trips to our company in BKK I don't often run into Isaan farmers. I do very often go out with a number of the women (as a group) to dinners. It seems pretty obvious to me that many of them would have an interest in seeing me (individually) socially. Does that mean they are prostitutes or unattractive?

A bit of clarification.....

HiSo people means to me "old" wealth or people have made it big financially (i.e. like those who sold off computer companies in the before the late 1990's). So for BKK i am talking about an indivdual/familes with net assets in the $5 to $10 million range. My defintion does not include the recent cute singer/soap opera star who happens to attend the right chartible or cultural events nor does it include company Z VP of operations for Asia unless of course that person has financial/traditional history. Therefore, my HiSo definition would be for the very exclusive/elite folks and if falangs do enter this world, it is not by chance. These are folks for the most part the commoner never sees in public anyhow. Thus, I do not include them in my daily observations. Everyone else meaning the other people one sees at any shopping mall, BTS station, park, health club, restaurant, etc is included.

I also did not say I excluded people you know. I am saying everyone can say they know a falang or two with a very attractve thai partner. But this is quite different from daily observations in the public which was the focus of this post.

For those who always must relate their own GF's attractiveness or non-attractiveness to this thesis, I was looking at it from a bigger sociological study meaning statistics. What can I say?

At least this post didn't turn into a "what is a stunner?" That is why i defined it as the top 5% to 10% of the public one sees in bkk on a daily basis. Sure, they will be always some overlapping on the fringes, but i definately don't agree with people can't agree on very very attractive looks. I would bank on 80% agreement. This is very different from one's own taste/personal liking....

KBS, I will check out those places you mentioned to see if is any different from other observations.....

As to those you say it is irrelevant between what thais think about falang's ability to attract very good looking women and falangs being seen with these women. It is very relevant indeed and does greatly sway their stereo-typing of us. Much of their image is based on reinforcement of seeing falang-bg couples over and over again. This could be neutralized somewhat if falangs would be seen as penetrationg the mainstream market of very pretty females.

But I have yet to see this happening persistently and regularly. So how does one counteract a statement from a thai engineer (educated in the west) last year when he stated "falangs are bottom feeders". I concluded that he made this statement from not only being influenced by seeing overwhelming falangs-BG couples but more importantly the absence of falangs with very attractve mainstream women. The latter to me leaves much more of an impression while one can discount the former as sex tourists though many are not.....

I do agree with the poster who said "age" alone does/can prohibit the mingling of 20 to 30 something females with males average ex-pat age here in Bkk is what say 48 to 50? (conservative guess). We all know how important age is in the thai social culture meaning youth and the younger the better. When the attractive female has some leverage, the age of her partner does matter....

Only JJsushi actually tried to ID reason(s) why ex-pats have a hard time attracting the best looking females of the thai mainstream. An ex-pat has to have something going for you and also within the context of what thais deem important. Ex-pats as a group have done little to assimilate into the thai culture and basically remain an outsider looking in. As a comparison, think about how the chinese have come over and assimilated with the thai culture to the point of mastering and running many many things including securing the best looking thai women.

He is right about the availability of very good-looking thai women wanting to meet falangs but on their terms and time schedule. I have found that ex-pats as a group prefer to take the path of least resistence (lifestyle, impatient, immediate reward, etc) and thus the low road socially....

Cardinalblue

" It seems pretty obvious to me that many of them would have an interest in seeing me (individually) socially. Does that mean they are prostitutes or unattractive? "

How the hell do I know?? U're the guy meeting them and claiming they're interested so... they may be the daughters of wealthy thai chinese guys looking for a cute and funny farang hubby ::?? Or office girls with a grim future looking to go up the welfare ladder?? Or just in for a chat?

Thanks for Ur in depth answer BTW, I see how farreaching is ur insight in BKK life...was trying to have a global vison, but it may come...

JJsushi could give us some interesting links to the forementionned threads BTW,as well as new opinions.We won't agree for sure but at least it seems he knows the place. Makes the argument more interesting

AmoresPerros said:

BB, not sure that's too personnal, just want to stress some guys here have such rigid moral values it's comical.

AP,

Yes it is too personal.

It is just the diversity of this board to have the whole range of humanity debating here, you cannot own the sole thruth.

I strongly suggest to take a break from this forum, and maybe from the board, in order to cool off.

Agreed ?

BB

I would say it is quiet easy for an expat to be involved with a high class woman. Many of my friends are.

Wealthy women tend to follow in the same circles as expats.

Wealthy women tend to be well educated and can speak English

80% of thais studying overseas are women and guess what they have money. The tend to see a foreigner as someone who thinks and acts likes them and thus are attacted to them.

In my office, over 50% of the foreigners are married or dating very rich thai girls/guys from upper class families. Most of the wifes studied overseas. I dont know where this idea of foreigners can not get high class women. Yes I agree that if you are a tourist, you dont have a chance in hell of getting a meaningful relationship with a women whom is not looking for a security blanket. I think this would be the same in every country in the world.

Hey and AmoresPerros relax man, dont get too worked up over the little things.

Archived