Ex-Pats and Non-BGs Stunners....

cardinalblue

[color:"red"] I would say it is quiet easy for an expat to be involved with a high class woman. Many of my friends are.

Wealthy women tend to follow in the same circles as expats.

Wealthy women tend to be well educated and can speak English

[/color]

I do agree and you do notice that these women also look for the "farangs" who have cmpatable education background, don't you think?

Jasmine

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]They wanted to get married then but the girl's parents refused to allow her to marry a farang. Instead, she married a Thai, presumably of similar high social standing. [/color]

This is not as unusual as ones may think. A few of my Thai GF (4 that I can remember) went back to Thailand, leaving their first loves behind. There is an American man who worked in the company I retired from who had the experience, his love affair lasted 6 years and when she was told she must go back to Thailand or no longer had the parents, she packed her bags, heart-broken, but left him and is back in Thailand. :(

Another GF is from Taiwan, in the same situation, bored to death with her Chinese man, talks about the British ex-lover all the time but she has her Chinese family and "face".

I was lucky that my happiness was more important than the "face" that I still have both worlds. However, "face" is never important to my Thai family, my mother went through hell that I did not have dowery and so on we just say "so?". ::

Jasmine

As others have posted i think it is too difficult to find any common agreement on what constitutes a stunner. It is just too subjective.

I also question your sampling as being far too random and haphazard to have any real scientific validity and therefore mpossible to draw any worthwhile conclusions.

It is probably more worth while to look at why many farang do not have relationships with hiso and middle class women when they seem attainable and prima facie a better proposition relationship wise than bar gals and those from the lower echelons of thai society.

If we are talking about older guys and a lot of expats and tourists fall into this catergory

a lot of them have been through the proverbial mill in realationships and are not really looking for serious committment but rather they are looking at having a good time and are not particularly concerned with the social background of the women they are hanging out with.

In these cases they prefer to take the path of least resistment and go for women who are lower on the socio economic ladder but more readily available.

Maybe if they spent the time to cultivate the hiso or the middle class they would find themselves partners but then again maybe they are just not interested in going down that path.

Other factors that may be at play are

language difficulties

the time it may take to crack it with these gals.

insular attitude of middle class and hiso thais to farangs.

women may be more demanding and more equal if they are from such a background and are not economically dependent on the man.

the type of expat or tourist that is attracted to Thailand in the first place.

Guest lazyphil

I dont think the Thais I saw were galantly battling the odds of poverty striving for a education/degree in biochemistry or whatever. But I admire those who can apply themselves to get a degree even if these Thais are extremly privilidged by Thai standards.

Hi,

"when she was told she must go back to Thailand or no longer had the parents"

I find this totally despicable. These parents put their 'face' above the happiness of their children. How the fuck dare they call themselves parents?

If my parents would ever have had the gall to tell me who I can or cannot marry, then I seriously doubt I would ever speak to them again.

Luckily my mother just had 2 questions: "Do you love her?" and "Does she love you?". My happiness was all she cared about, as it should be for a mother.

Sanuk!

[color:"red"] If my parents would ever have had the gall to tell me who I can or cannot marry, then I seriously doubt I would ever speak to them again.

[/color]

KS, you know very well, this is from the way ones are raised. It happens all the time with the Asians, look at those women who work on anything and give money to support their parents.

There is a saying that "One has only one mother and one father, but one can have several spouses."

Western parents are different, however, it does not mean that Thai parents do not want the children to be happy, it is more complicated than that.

Jasmine

jasmine said:

I do agree and you do notice that these women also look for the "farangs" who have cmpatable education background, don't you think?

Exactly !

-------------------------

Whereas so many of us will look or rather easily settle with a girl of lower incompatible education background. I plead guilty to that, and frankly, i admit it as a bit flagrant contradiction, as it sets us up for many cultural and economic disappointments , especially since i have had the good fortune to meet educated thai women. I think it's worth a thread in itself.

I hate to break the mold here. I met a Thai girl over the course of a year on the internet. She is educated, well to do, and absolutely one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. she is 5'8" and has the bosy of a model, but, has great curves...when we go out, it is almost a hassle so many guys drop their jaws. I am 31, and have no trouble meeting women in Farangland, but, this girl is devastatingly beautiful. She IS a stunner. We will be married next month;-)

Archived