educated farang, uneducated poor TG

pattaya127

Besides that I doubt seriously it's so important to study very far, I quit during my first uni weeks and feel very much I'd have better dumped all family and school when I was 16.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Lets cut all this crap eh, I think a girl who knows how to shag good irrespective of education is number one priority!"

U're talking about wife or mistress?? If wife ,man, that's shallow/lacking of ambition. Good sex is easy to buy, especially as an expat in LOS, plus it seems it's something U learn together. From my experience when U get along with a bird, sex will settle alright, but it may come only after U get at ease on different matters

I think you're still missing the point.

In any country people a born with various levels of potential. For one it may be high academic skills, for another excellent manual skills. And there are many variations in between. Also on motivation level there will be many differences.

In my own country in western europe, everyone has at least the opportunity to exploit ones potential to its fullest through the various types of educational institutes available. The financial strength of ones parents is not really an obstacle.

Not everyone enters university of course. Thank God for that otherwise one would end up with a country of academics.

By having equal access to adequate education, I do not mean access to university, but to any form of education that will provide one with an opportunity to exploit ones skills to its full potential.

In Thailand this is not the case. Apart form the middle class in the main cities, access to good education is bought. That's why you will find that all children from the rich will end up with a MBA of sorts, but only very few of the rural poor will. Is this because of a difference in intelligence? I don't think so.

Rch kids that would have no academic skills to even enter a university in my country, will pass with honours in this country, because daddy has money. And for the same reason that that rich kid will obtain an MBA from some obscure University in the US.

The rural poor don't have those options. They can nowadays receive formal education upto Mor 3 in their own district, but from there on it becomes for most impossible to continue.

Apart from the economics, the much lower level perceived level teaching quality at rural schools compared to a famous big city schools is another obstacle for them.

So what kind of a society does Thailand end up with?

A society in which a very large number of its population has/had potential but was unable to exploit that potential, and a smaller number of its population which had various levels of potential but somehow all end up with an MBA equivalent.

It's one of the reasons that it is so difficult to find good quality middle level manegment or skilled technician in this country.

The rich kids all have an MBA and should therefore in their mind start all as high level manager.

But on the other hand the rest didn't have the opportunity to acquire enough skills to take up such positions.

Big loss to Thailand IMO.

Hi,

I do feel the same as you about lacking opportunities for some Thais.

I have said this before that the Thais who do NOT have opportunities are not stupid, other people who have opportunities for education but did not take it, especially the ones outside Thailand, are the ones that not so smart (for lack of POLITE words). IMO, of course.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] uh... what's left ??

[/color]

Most Thais,IMO, has very good abilities to memorize, my friend and that is what is being taught.

I just found out from my niece who is in the 11th grade that teachers still do not like kids asking questions, she is having a hard time.

I was lucky to spend my 11th and 12th grades in a HS that taught kids to think and they did not mind questions at all. Even though I think at times, Hubby wishes I was not so analytical, I will learn how to say "Up to you one day" ::

Jasmine

>>I think like jj said common background shared like pop culture, movies you watched when young, kids TV shows, where you went as a child on holiday, food you like etc etc are more important...<<

To me this would be at the bottom of my list of important things. I wish I could forget all that tho I admit the awful stuff is ingrained into my brain. I'm american maybe the brits had a better pop culture?

>>I've taken her on sort of field trips without even knowing it, like visiting Oliver Cromwells house or to the village the black death broke out or crossing the Alps, in turn shes shown me her culture in LOS, again so what, but I say life aint a rehersal so why get hung up on education, life is an education, a corny cliche yes but still true, yes? <<

Yes, I would agree with this. For an individual , getting caught up in the educational, ambition, career orientated, consumerism lifestyle and other conventions that are thrown at us are not as conducive to a satisfying life as people think.

The other subject going here about what is good for thailand, no doubt education of the population would help a little in lifting LOS out of poverty. But to what end?

>>Maybe we should start a tread" why are mixed couples doing fine, especially when the farang is educated and the TG is poor and uneducated" <<

Could be that the guys you know in chumpon are divorced and found that similar education does not a good marriage always make.

One of the best gfs i had was an educated and very smart farang. I had lots of philosophical debates with her (instead of with strangers in cyberspace ::) and we talked about a alot of things that you simply cannot with a 'typical' uneducated girl. It was very stimulating and so was the sex.

In the end, she wanted what many girls want - a house, a marriage, a baby. I wasn't into that and I ended it. The lesson i took away is that intellectual compatibility is not the glue that holds things together. People stay together for other reasons.

Archived