educated farang, uneducated poor TG

pattaya127

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orand,

Can't agree with you on the statement about "TGs easily obtaining a higher level of education when given the opportunity". The reason would not be their intelligence level but their lack of motivation and lack of proper role models early in life...

I think you can test this one. What percentage of girls when they marry/involved with a falang (meaning meal ticket to educational costs) actually return to school and continue their studies thru university. In fairness, one should only look at the couples/women remaining in thailand as a tremendous barrier (language) must be overcome if relocated overseas. I do know of a couple TGs who went on to get further education (vocation and junir college) in america but one was law degreed already and the other high school) but they are the exception. The best of the TG students would be average at best in mainstream competitive englsih universities.

So I think the number would bear out that a small percentage of uneducated thai girls when they are put in the position to obtain further eduaction (finish high school or go to college) actually pursue this education when have access to the financial assets. It is much easier to have the hubby/bf give them a salary/pay for family materialistic things than for them to return to school in order to gain income earning potential.

It always come back to what motivates them. To obtain education and believe in education as a way to better oneself, most must have the right role models around them and grow up in that environment where education is valued either by practice or an instilled belief. It doesn't occur in uneducated people as witnessed by their practice of pulling their children out of school very early and putting them to work. The parents do have the option of keeping their kids in school and making do on what they can make. It happens in the west. The kids have no role models that value education so when they meet a falang, the odds are too late in their life to instill eduaction as a valued belief. It is also possible that falang doesn't value education either. I would say more not than do even if they themselves have some education. Uneducated TGs will follow what their parents did to them; have someone else provide for them.....

Cardinalblue

bbb wrote: "Have you ever heard of Einstein's wife?"

Erh ..actually yes ...the first one anyway...she was a physicist too....Curiously he gave his Nobel prize winnings to her though they were long divorced.........

<<I think this will results in different minds, thinking, behavior, priorities, needs etc etc..>>

I cant agree here can you elaborate a bit more please.

Sure, I'll give you my opinion.

Take two women. Say both 35, one educated the other uneducated. The educated girl will likely at that point have 10 to 15 years max. work experience. Mostly dealing with people with a similar level of education, on top of the years she spent in high school and university, which will have an effect on her thinking (to an extent), behavior, needs due to the lifestyle she's leading etc.

The uneducated girl will at that point have 20+ years experience (perhaps more) with people of her education level. And that will surely affect the factors above. Her thinking, behavior, needs will differ to the educated girl.

I am by no means saying that one is better than the other, that's nonsense. They're simply different IMO and that's why I didn't understand how one could possibly ignore a woman's education. It certainly makes a difference and one should chose the one that suits best for him. To each his own.

Let me clarify. Comparing them both to the highly educated American women or women educated in America that I generally deal with the difference is really immaterial to me.

Understood but that has nothing to do with their education, now does it. I think it has everything to do with your other personal criteria I feel by involving myself with an uneducated woman that has never been exposed to my culture and society will raise further complications that I really don't want to deal with. The learning and adjustment curve is just too wide. I would prefer to deal with a woman that has a similar background to me as well as shared cultural experiences.

Education is not the issue for you. Adaptation and adjustment is.

If I am living in Thailand my prioritites in life as well as my ambitions wiould be significantly different., which is why the education of the Thai woman would be irrelevant to me.

I think I understand you now. Although both women aren't alike the difference either one of them would make to you wouldn't affect you significantly in any way..no preference. Damn, you're a flexible guy JJ. :)

Zaad said:
Let me clarify. Comparing them both to the highly educated American women or women educated in America that I generally deal with the difference is really immaterial to me.

Understood but that has nothing to do with their education, now does it. I think it has everything to do with your other personal criteria I feel by involving myself with an uneducated woman that has never been exposed to my culture and society will raise further complications that I really don't want to deal with. The learning and adjustment curve is just too wide. I would prefer to deal with a woman that has a similar background to me as well as shared cultural experiences.

Education is not the issue for you. Adaptation and adjustment is.

You only got part of it right, education level and schooling is very important and evident in the circles I associate. Networking is very important. People always ask what your alma mata is for both your undergrad and grad education. There are clubs organizations and social events for alumni from prestigious and influential schools in the NewYork City area. An uneducated Thai girl or a Thai girl not educated in America would really not fit into my world. When I make my first US$100 million then all of that shit won't matter and I can import a babe from the Amazon that only wears a loincloth.

What percentage of girls when they marry/involved with a falang (meaning meal ticket to educational costs) actually return to school and continue their studies thru university.

So what does that mean anyway? How many farangs would, given the same circumstances, start in high school at the age of 25 and continue through university? I guess that would be no more than 1 or 2 out of 100. When you are an adult, other things come into play, like work, money, obligations to the family and having kids of your own.

For me it is enough when they are committed to making a contribution, be it work, taking care of the household, raising kids or simply mastering the local lingo. Most of these girls have been out of the education system for 20 years + and never knew what it is to study anyway. My GF (sorry, wife!) has had 1.5 years education in reading and writing. I think most of us don't appreciate how hard it may be, coming from such a background, to study at all.

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived