educated farang, uneducated poor TG

pattaya127

I believe he is.

---------------------

absolutely, on account of spending decades in Thailand, and bangkok at that. I think Oran assumes a little too much though sometimes, what a RT between Bg and a farang should be defined as, at the onset. Mismatch on what they look like, or how little thay have to say when we see them, again, who really knows?

Plus it is very hard to know for sure if low pay farangs are the ones falling fast in love and taking the girls away. maybe shitty/boring job would be better used than low pay. My experience is the guys make good money or have a very steady job with a good salary and social protection.

if we all think of who we know in that situation, even the average salary of this board for the regulars we know well, force is to admit there are not many proletarians going to LOS around us. Others are self-employed, which gives them time to travel and go see the girl a few more times before the visa thing.

And some guys, not a few, just have this marriage/monogamy thing in them. they go for the fun, vacation, but in a few days, or next trip, they just meet that girl and she's the one, period, and it would take multiple misbehaviour on her part to be dropped. I think many girls follow-thru with the guy who "lays the carpet" in front of them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<absolutely, on account of spending decades in Thailand, and bangkok at that>>

My mrs spent 3 decades living in bkk thus so shes my source of info on most things bkk/Thai, not grizzled expats ::

well, we all have our area of expertise. All I meant. Not expert, of course, just experience. It's true that Oran has often said he's not at all in the tourist scene.

Most of what I know, I did not get sitting on a stool, chatting with some naked girl, downing another pepsi mekhong.

But I just had too many GFs, stories add up, and if often staying in their place, you are in the thick of the grapevine, and with enough time, you can separate the facts from the BS. Not that at the end, it's not all BS, anyway! :( (old man waxing philosophical))

Zaad said:

A formally educated Thai woman(educated only in Thailand) is as attractive as an uneducated Thai woman as far as I am concerned.

That's odd since there's a big difference between them.

The educated woman will likely hold a decent job in a big or small city while the uneducated will hold somewhat poorer job; farmer, street cleaner whatever...

I think this will results in different minds, thinking, behavior, priorities, needs etc etc..

I don't understand how you could ignore such differences as your last post indicates otherwise.

Let me clarify. Comparing them both to the highly educated American women or women educated in America that I generally deal with the difference is really immaterial to me. Also the assumption is that I am living in Thailand and thus I would not be engaging in the same types of career and social activities that I do in America. If I am living in Thailand my prioritites in life as well as my ambitions wiould be significantly different., which is why the education of the Thai woman would be irrelevant to me.

Guest lazyphil

<<I think this will results in different minds, thinking, behavior, priorities, needs etc etc..>>

I cant agree here can you elaborate a bit more please.

I don't think anyone's said it succinctly yet:

The major problems between a farang and a Thai are going to be caused by the differences in cultures, so much so that an educated Thai woman would hardly be any closer to an educated westerner than a poor one. The East/West schism is much bigger than any class or education difference.

As for the importance of education, pah! Put it this way: Have you ever heard of Einstein's wife? Who cares whether your wife/husband is even intelligent as long as you can love another and get on?

Like the average university-educated person even has half a decent conversation a week anyway... If you're honest you'll admit you're just the average guy who let his brain start to decline the moment he left school or university. You stagnate in your job because, after all, what you're doing isn't really as important as all that. You'd still like to cling to the belief that reading a few broadsheet newspapers and spouting a few political opinions with some similiarly clueless fellows now and again makes you an intellectual.

How ridiculous. Let it go. Face it - you're an average schmo. Whatever you're doing isn't going to change the world. Leave that for a tiny percentage of people who will. Enjoy yourself. Settle down with a nice, uncomplicated girl who'll love you anyway. Perhaps a Thai girl. Someone who long ago realised that the snuggle is mightier than the pen.

Archived