educated farang, uneducated poor TG

pattaya127

>"Working with farangs" was the terminology used (just found out in my last trip) and it sounded like non-prostitute to me.

Yes - in one house I saw a picture of a girl (her parents' house) with farangs at some golf course. Officially, she was working as a caddy. But every night (2am), a night bus will take her back from her Soi Cowboy bar back to her dwelling near the new airport.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P127,

>What a load of stereotype bullshit in this tread

>I wonder how many of you writers on this board frequent >farang/thai couples.

>I take it that this was not in direct answer to what i said.

No it was not, just many comments smell the stereoptype...

>Heck, I even disagree to what you said earlier ("% of real good maches? LOW, very low")

That's what I feel when I spend some time with the Chumpon gang, they don't seem to be real good matches.....

>as i know a guy in Chumpon who finds most couples around him are doing fine

Strangely enough they are doing fine, against all odds, against all stereotypes.....

There must be some things, which we don't understand, which make these people happy living together....

>I was of course more interested IN the problems one may struggle with,

Maybe we should start a tread" why are mixed couples doing fine, especially when the farang is educated and the TG is poor and uneducated"

Zaad said:JJsushi,

"I really doubt I will ever marry a Thai chick who was not raised or educated in the States, that is as long as I am going to live in the States. "

Ever? May I ask why?

Simple for me really. My life in America is complicated enough where I feel by involving myself with an uneducated woman that has never been exposed to my culture and society will raise further complications that I really don't want to deal with. The learning and adjustment curve is just too wide. I would prefer to deal with a woman that has a similar background to me as well as shared cultural experiences. A lot can be said for the enjoyment of having someone who can sing along and share the feelings that a certain favorite song evokes or who grew up with the same pop culture you did. Then you have educational and social equivalency issues that come into play in our very competitive American culture.

Now if I decided to live in Thailand then I would adapt myself as best as I can to the local culture. My outlook on life would also be quite fifferent. To be quite frank I am not that impressed with the intellectual, educational or even sophistication capabilities of Thailand as a whole were I would feel the need to have a companion that challenges or enhances me in those areas. A formally educated Thai woman(educated only in Thailand) is as attractive as an uneducated Thai woman as far as I am concerned. Thailand has its own charm and cultural uniqueness where I would feel quite content to have a mate that can compete on the Thai level, which basically does not require a good formal education.

In other words my set of criteria would be very different than if I was living in the USA.

Guest lazyphil

<<A lot can be said for the enjoyment of having someone who can sing along and share the feelings that a certain favorite song evokes or who grew up with the same pop culture you did>>

Me and the mrs have experienced alot of interesting stuff/places together and have common goals and thoughts on life but I agree it would be enjoyable to share what you speak of, of course we dont and of course my educational background or hers make squat difference to this. Never a dull moment living with a tg!

A formally educated Thai woman(educated only in Thailand) is as attractive as an uneducated Thai woman as far as I am concerned.

That's odd since there's a big difference between them.

The educated woman will likely hold a decent job in a big or small city while the uneducated will hold somewhat poorer job; farmer, street cleaner whatever...

I think this will results in different minds, thinking, behavior, priorities, needs etc etc..

I don't understand how you could ignore such differences as your last post indicates otherwise.

Archived