Washington square bars info ?

Cyborg

Excellent report by Suadum.

Only a couple of things to add. There's a story on "Cheesesteaks in Bangkok" which will come up if you do a web search on Washington Square. The writer, who claims to come from Pennsylvania (must be cow country, Lancaster County somewhere) claims that the Lone Staar has good cheesesteaks. This is untrue. Do not be fooled; they're not real cheesesteaks, and they're not very good.

I'll also note that there can be real differences between day staff and night staff in the Square, especially at New Square One. During the day places can be pretty torpid. Things tend to pick up around 19:00.

Finally, I started going to the Square by myself, without a running mate, or the company of a well-known recidivist, and usually had a good time. Don't be put off because the bars are a little different. Be friendly, don't be scared to buy a drink or two and you'll have a good time. Maybe too good.

I remain,

A Poor Judge of Character

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True -- Square One is deffo better at night: look for the chick with some of the best gams in BKK (you know to who I am referring PJ -- I need to sample that someday!) and Wild country does not open til 4pm. Silver Dollar has a pretty consistant crew. Lone Staar is what it is :dunno: and ordering anything there but the daily special is like Russian Roulette, as is trying to get breakfast (at breakfast time) in Silver Dollar as the cook does not really function until at least noon.

But be sure not to use words like "recidivist" in any of those bars or some old Cajun, offshore rat, ex-Ranger, named Gator will likely kick yer ass LOL! But he's a nice guy too, (really!)...

Cheers,

SD

Ya, Riem still runs it. She got a minor boob job last year and looks pretty hot for mid-40's. She is a *lot* of fun when she is in a party mood, and a nice gal all the time.

Her hubby passed away a couple of years or so ago.

Cheers,

SD

My favourite is Silver Dollar Bar and i use to go there a lot.

It certainly is different but i liked the difference.

I don't stop in Bangkok these days because of the crackdown.

I go straight to Pattaya instead where you can avoid a lot of the rubbish that goes on in Bangkok these days.

Tiger,

Dittos for the great report Rush! :o

Have to disagree with Poor Judge though, I've got about 10% of my bodyweight in those Philly Cheesesteaks. They may not be authentic but they are exactly how I like them. Damn, too late now to go get one. But, make sure the pleasently plump lady makes them, she is the expert. I've only had them during the day so maybe the night chef doesn't cut the mustard so to say.

Trivia of the day: What was Bourbon St called before it was Bourbon St? Hmmm, Riffifi's by chance?

Looks like a NPF event in the making soon. The Clueless Wonders do WSQ !

Cheers!

As much as I appreciate your body weight, especially that last 10%, these are all wrong. Tough beef, tomato sauce or marinade or whatever it is? I'm dying for it, but no one here does it correctly. The Garage (All Seasons) even puts mustard on it. Everyone knows that mustard belongs on a pretzel.

You'd do better frying and chopping up some minute steaks and onions, slathering some cheez whiz on a bun , and going to town, ala Jim's (South Street, no BTS stop yet :D). Mmmm, Jim's.

Archived