Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after a rather quiet season, at least I'm finishing on a high! Team of the week by 12 points!!

Obviously now that the pressure of clinching the Coca Cola Championship has lifted I'm able to play my normal, relaxed sort of game. May be a bit late to mount a serious challenge at the top, but Froggy, if you need any advice ....

Joint highest scorer so far with Froggo on 59 points but have 9 players to play again compared to his 7 (also, Froggo, cbk and JBJ made 2 more transfers than me so I've made up ground in the table).

Chose my transfers very carefully this week, missing the main pitfalls by correctly surmising that Rooney and Cech were going to be rested and the long-term health of Robben and Duff weren't going to be risked for meaningless games. But as Chelsea were knocked out of the Champions League, I couldn't see Lampard giving up his consecutive games record and so, against a leaky Charlton side, I made him captain.

One minor complaint: my Man U players should have done better. Looking at the stats:

Man U WBA

Shots on target 14 1

Shots off target 13 2

Corners 12 0

You'd have thought that Scholes and Ronaldo could have got more than 3 points between them, wouldn't you?! To add insult, West Brom scored with that only shot on target to deny Carroll a clean sheet!

One point less than you scored Bibblies.

Made Pires captain, had Reyes already and brought Fabregas in, all 3 scored!! Brought Keane (ManU) in and he didn't play, what's up with that?

Riise got no points, bloody didn't play the 2nd half, what's up with that?

Had Terry relieved from my team cause I don't think Chelsea will keep a clean sheet vs ManU.

Finally moved in to the top ten, at last.

Pires apparently injured now

Should be very interesting to see who gets rested and who not over the latter part of this game week and then the next.

Man U and the Arse presumably will rest key players w/ the CL for next year a done deal and the Cup looming. Chelsea? Anyone's guess. Everton? I expect most of the principals will play, but who knows.

Could be many goose-eggs for managers in the last week.

Limbo. Congrats on your move upward.

I feel that Ferguson is messing up for his own team by his constant resting. Reminds me of Raneri. Surely it would have been better to build up Rooney's confidence while he is on a good run? Or rest him in the last game before the final.

Though Bibblies has made up ground, I think I will hold on to 2nd place. Weirdly enough, Bibblies ended up in the spot after me in the CL competition. Tables turned next season?

Cheers!

limbo said:

One point less than you scored Bibblies.

Made Pires captain, had Reyes already and brought Fabregas in, all 3 scored!! Brought Keane (ManU) in and he didn't play, what's up with that?

Riise got no points, bloody didn't play the 2nd half, what's up with that?

Had Terry relieved from my team cause I don't think Chelsea will keep a clean sheet vs ManU.

I think it could be a nil-nil and Keane is more than likely to play and get a bonus. I also thought Keane'd get rested for the West Brom game with that clash in mind so I didn't bring him in.

You can't trust Rafa. Riise has been sub or got brought off a lot in recent league games.

Pires injured? Bollocks. I could have been further up the table if Scholes hadn't hit the post and Ronaldo had taken one of his zillion chances and Lauren had been able to score from 1 yard out but now my last lingering hope of a sensational championship snatch (that sounds rude!) has surely gone.

This must be the last time I ever use ManU players in this game. Got 4 points out of 2 players for 2 games. Similar thing happened last year.

Good thing is, ManU lost at home vs Chelsea and the Arse has secured 2nd spot!!!

Moved into the top 10 and was booted out again immediately.

Maybe may catch 4th spot now in the price league, CS, watch out!

Archived