Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know - cheapo Shackell saves a can't-be-bothered-to-change-my-team chocosteve again! Meanwhile, expensive Chelsea defenders leak a goal per game...

You're doing pretty well this week, with good chances of making ground on froggo given your many players in hand. I notice it came after protestations that you'd all but given up hope so I'd just like to say now:

"I'm giving up. There's no chance for me. I'll do well just to finish in the top half of the table. I'm sure that, even if I field a team including Lampard, Robben, Pires, Scholes, Ronaldo, Henry, Carvalho, Weir and Ferguson for Gameweek 37 and even if they all play both games, that I'll get no advantage from it and that I'll be lucky to finish above Kman and Racha in the final standings." :rip:

:angel:

bibblies said:

I'd been gearing up towards week 37 with a mega, mega team in mind that only I'd be able to afford but half of them probably wouldn't play both games anyway or, if they did, wouldn't pull their fingers out.

bibblies

I have been doing the same and think that I'll have a team (at least on paper) that may give you a run for you money in week 37. But then again, I tried the same thing in week 33 when I loaded up on Liverpool players and gave myself 8 players on the pitch when most teams had maybe 2-3 players. That week I was saved by having Johnson as my Captain and still only managed to get 37 points for the week.

I'm still sitting down here in 18th place, but there are only 20 points between me and my goal of breaking into the top 10 in my virgin season.......

Shilo

check_bin_krap said:

I think Froggo will be impossible to catch. My aim is to cling on to 2nd place, and that will be hard enough.

You may have just found your opportunity, CBK. I was away on business since Wed, working around the clock and w/out email. Tried to make it by the deadline only to find that this week's deadline time was earlier than usual. I missed it!

No transfers in a double week in spite of all my plans. Threw away at least 30 points in missed transfers at the most crucial of moments. The door is now fully open. Damn. 34 weeks with nary a lapse and then this.....

froggo

And Crouch didn't play today, making 4 non-playing players with only 1 sub, and Heinze's just come off injured with only 1 point to his name. I think we're going to have a new leader.

That tactic of checkbinkrap's certainly is working. I'd just like to reiterate: "I think the leader is too far ahead. I'll be lucky to hold on to the place I have...". :angel:

But Robert didn't play more than 8 minutes, and the other one who has to perform for me is Shearer. He is too busy with politics behind the scenes to promote himself as the next manager at Newcastle to be bothered.

Nah, I'll stick to my target of 2nd place and hope that gw 37 doesn't kill me off totally.

Getting very difficult now. How many players will Chelsea rest this weekend and next? Surely Fergie will try out some youngsters and rest his troops for the FA Cup. Will Henry recover in time for the double game (it looks as though he won't, which is annoying for me, but Wenger's tricked us before.) JBJ's already got rid of Henry, I reckon...

When does Scholes serve his suspension? Is it this week or next?

Am afraid to say that unlike last year my true ability has shone through and in the last couple of weeks any hope of climbing into the top 30 has well and truely gone. Oh those decisions at the start of the season trully come back to haunt us.

Viera will only be out for a week or so wont he, Cech? nah Howard is better value and so the list of shameful decsions goes on. Then certain managers arsing around with squads and not knowing who the NEW season regulars are thank you fergie, moyse et all

Once more time to complain about bonus points.

Take care, I don't have any of the mentioned players in my squad, just completely appalled by the system;

Spurs trash Villa 5-1, great performance by Kanoute, nobody at all gets a bonus, either Spurs or Villa.

ManU beats Charlton 1-4, 4 ManU players get a bonus??????

Archived