Bosox: Could this be our year?

frogpatrol

SWEEP, baby! Bring on the Bronx Bombers.

Could it finally be?

The only pity so far for me is that I am not in New England watching the leaves turn and the Sox make their annual Oct "run." Instead, I am in UBC TV Bangkok land, which seems to favor West Coast games. Fuck.

Any reports from Fenway? Anyone from the board there to enjoy the thrills first hand?

Yes, our beloved Bosox typically (well, nearly always) stumble, but we Bosox fans are a resilient bunch. And there is always the belief that THIS will be our year.

C'Mon, Brinkie, let's rock the house.

froggo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Froggie, now take a deep breath, sit down and repeat, mantra like; "These are the Red Sox and this is October."

Like Charlie Brown, always hoping for once that Lucy will actually hold the football for him to kick, forever to end up flat on the ground, we of Red Sox Nation pledge throughout the year that we won't get our hopes up too high, only to once again succumb to the Sireen song "This Could Be The Year"

We know the real name of "Yawkey Way" should be "Wonkayaway", the shadows of Buckner and Dent forever in the Fenway grass.

The Yankees always seem to find a way, and somehow, sadly so do the Sox.

Like you, despite my conditioning over sixty-one years of fanhood, I feel the familiar stirrings of hope. I find my self anticipating the scores and have even pulled up the Globe home page to read the game reports. Memories of Fenway on warm summer nights start to push away memories of the latest short time.

Maybe this could be the year!

"These are the Red Sox and this is October."

"These are the Red Sox and this is October."

"These are the Red Sox and this is October"................

David

Great post, Dave. Ours is a pain that borders on the absurd, isn't it?

Stone Pony's scenario is one I have thought of, and feared, as well. Memories of the Reds and Mets still linger, as does my disdain towards Clemens.

OK, Roger did what he had to do, but go to the Yankees? C'Mon!

Gotta love October!

BadaBing said:

Hey Froggy

I think the last 2 Bosox wins " took " 8 hours to play each one.... :cover:

BadabeantownBing :beer:

You're not kidding. Tonight's game was a bit shorter, but had its moments to be sure. What an unbelieveable, gutty performance by Schilling. One for the history books.

It's all down to one game now. Delayed my Phuket trip so as not to miss it. Wakefield on the mound. If his knuckler works, we are in with a chance.

Very tense stuff.

froggo

So are we in for another last bat winner in Game 7? Or a blow-out?

What about the NLCS ? Haven't heard much at all about their series.

How ironic if (hold on - need to check CNNSI.COM) Houston would win (up 3-2 now) and the BoSox can get past their Yankee nightmare, then they would likely face Roger Clemens twice in the Series.

Looks like Wakefield won't be starting as planned:

"Boston knuckleballer Tim Wakefield, originally scheduled to start Game 7, said Derek Lowe will start instead. Torre said he hadn't decided on his starter -- Kevin Brown or Javier Vazquez are the most likely candidates."

Cheers!

Archived