Bosox: Could this be our year?

frogpatrol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hub2324 said:

Hey C. Steve, remember the Planet Lovetron? :: I still think the early 80s was the golden age of hoops, with the great Laker, sixers, and celt teams. I patterned my game on Rick Roby (if you remember him you really have a good memory!)

Rick Roby..lol..I remember him, I remember all the guys from that era. I've never heard anyone say they patterned their game after him though, especially with players who were better (not that Roby wasn't good mind you).

Everyone on my playground wanted to be Dr. J, unfortunately, my style, height and talent was more in the Mo Cheeks mold.

The Bosox victory transcends baseball. If you're a guy and like sports, you can appreciate the story behind the team and the series with the Yankees, without knowing the sport well at all.

A win like this also unites a city. I recall when the Sixers won, everyone in the city got along for at least a day...lol.

frogpatrol said:

Back to baseball: Yaz was the man, wasn't he? I remember his big year in 1967. I was just a wee lad but he was my hero. Triple Crown that year.

The parade should be awesome. I paraded around nana last night, but it wasn't the same (prettier girls, though).

froggo

I wasn't around for Yaz but saw lots of highlights. The Red Sox had a good team in the '70s but the big Red machine had, in my opinion the best line up of any club I ever saw. There was no place for a pitcher to get a breather. The whole entire line up could hit. But this thread is about the Bosox and all the 'Bah-stan' (how is the accent, did I get it right?) fans on here.

I was actually busting my own cahones. Rick Roby was pretty bad; 6'10" or 11", never in shape. Maybe could have been good if he had......I can't tell you how many times I saw him stuff himself on the bottom of the rim from bad timing. He was a big body and inflated his rebound stats - you are a Philly fan so picture Moses but without finishing at the end.

Hub

Archived