Bosox: Could this be our year?

frogpatrol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" What about the NLCS ? Haven't heard much at all about their series. "

Word around is everyone in Houston wants Clemons to start tonight with 3 days rest , Da Stro's say :nono: , but factor in the managing of La Russa and " Houston , we may not have a problem " :dunno:

Congrats on your " other " Yankee's off to a good start , well done son , till ya meet dem soapy's... :beer:

BadauptooearlyBing :sleeping:

That was one of the weirdest games ever , umps blowing calls , the changing them correctly , fans pelting the field with any and everything they could late in the game , then the riot police lined the field on both sides , it was a real laffer.

BTY: I'm only root'n for the Bosox for the Boston guys on the board , wish the Pirates were playing , I really hate them... :neener:

Bada :: Bing

" but at the same time Francona tried his best to give it back to the Yanks... '

Maybe not the best choice of words ( it was 0200 when posting. :drunk: I just thought he went into a " Pedro Panic " by pulling CS after the Willliams HR , he finished the inning fine and Schilling still looked like he had his groove. But all turned out well from the depleted bullpen. :up:

Bada :cover: Bing

BadaBing said:

I just thought he went into a " Pedro Panic " by pulling CS after the Willliams HR

After seeing him pulling Lowe after 67 pitches tonight, I see what you mean!

Anyway, great stuff and congrats to you Red Sox fans. It was nice to see:

- Damon getting his game back and having a huge night

- The Red Sox celebrating at Yankee Stadium

- The biggest comeback in post-season history

- Kevin Brown taking the loss (couldn't happen to a nicer guy) :neener:

Now you can kick back and see who your WS opponent will be. What a great playoffs these have been. Even though I was rooting for the LA area teams, the best teams got there and, if STL wins, the best teams will make the WS. I'm still rooting for the underdog Astros. I was rooting for the Sox, not because I thought they were underdogs or because I hate the Yankees, but because they're the better team, however I still may harbor some subconscious bitterness toward the 'Reggie Jackson' Yankee teams of yesteryear (LOL). But I think the Joe Toree teams are very professional, despite the A-Rod baserunning incident yesterday. :o

I'd better sign off now. :drunk:

Good luck and have fun watching the series.

gummigut said:

Let me be the first to offer you my condolences for the Red Sox not making it.

GO YANKEES

hehe. I might be in for a lot of shit!!!

<<burp>>

How does it taste :: ::

Seriously, I am beside myself with joy at the moment. ALL these years. So many missed chances. And now we serve up one of the biggest upsets (and thus biggest flops) in baseball history to... the Yankees! How sweet it is.

Still plenty of work to be done, and we have been here before. The Reds? How can I forget? The Mets? Ugh.

But this is 2004 and all eyes are on this team. The world is watching. Red Sox Nation? To hell with that; this is Red Sox WORLD!

We believe.

Houston or SL? Hmm. Tough one, really. Both good teams. Isn't going to be easy at all.

Comments on Game 7:

Johnny! You came back!

Senor Ortiz - still at it.

Lowe: fine pitching after a not so fine year.

Francona: Pedro in fo Lowe? WHY? What possible good could that do? But good choice for the starter.

Varitek: Hope we don't lose you after this year, sir, b/c you have been a rock behind the plate.

froggo

frogpatrol said:

But this is 2004 and all eyes are on this team. The world is watching. Red Sox Nation? To hell with that; this is Red Sox WORLD!

Hate to bring you back down to earth (as in the planet), Froggo, that would be the same 'world' that contests the 'world series, would it? I'm afraid that about 99.9% of the rest of the world don't even know they have been playing, let alone care.

Still, I can enjoy any sport when the results go like that, and I do know what it's like to follow a team for a long time without winning anything, so hearty congratulations to you and your cronies.

Actually I was out on Sunday with another Sox fan from this board - Cent - and Woody was giving him some stick because they had a bet in Gulliver's a couple of weeks ago and the Yankees had just gone 3-0 up!

Archived