Bosox: Could this be our year?

frogpatrol

" I'm afraid that about 99.9% of the rest of the world don't even know they have been playing, let alone care.

"

I'm going to beg to differ on this one sir , Professional baseball in the usa has players from many latin american countries , japan and korea. Japan is a hotbed for baseball and has been for a long time. Every year the USA hosts whats is called The Little League WORLD Series which allows teams to compete and win their divisions from their regions of the WORLD to come to the USA , I'm guessing 16 total with four of the team from the USA.

Not fair to assume that because us yanks ( aside from chocosteve) would rather watch paint dry or grass grow than watch a soccer game , that we can not call it The World Series.

If your guestamate was 66% I would agree , 99.9% is way off.

Bada :beer: Bing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on..

I am a Red Sox fan working in New York right now. Go Boston!

but... calling it a "world series" when the only 2 countries that play are canada and the usa, is a bit much. It should be called "most of north american series" really it just a usa thing with a little overflow into Canada...

Gah, my mouth tastes like shit!!!

Well, give credit where credit is due, that was a hell of an effort and they deserve it.

Gah, I can't wait for the message from my friend who is a die hard Mets fan. Uggghhhh.

The World Series thing? It's the World Series. Tough nuggies :)

<<burp>>

2-0 now guys. Same lead as we had over the Mets. The heart is pounding hard now.

What an amazing story behind the Schilling start. When he woke up game day he couldn't even get out of bed and could hardly move. Turns out the damaged tendon was pinching a nerve. But the Doc fixed him up and this determined ace goes out, guts it out, and throws another gem. Amazing. I'd say he is worth a couple of billion schillings right now.

I'm feeling lucky that with so many errors we are up 2-0. But expect a different SL team at home.

Deep breath..............

froggo

BadaBing said:

Agree about Schilling , but your boys are gonna need to be at their best , the Cards are 6-0 at home postseason and no DH in St. Louie.

Bada :beer: Bing

Agree. The no DH fucks everything up. My guess is we will use Ortiz at first for his bat (losing even more defensively), bench Millar (not good), and be very hesitant to make those late inning defensive moves. Could hurt. We shall see.

Archived