Bosox: Could this be our year?

frogpatrol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Froggy, Dave and all the other Bosox fans are all still too hung over to have posted since the win.

But as a guy who grew up watching Yaz, Freddy Lynn, Louis Tiant, Pudge Fisk, et. al. I can say thanks for the nice sentiments. :beer:

I never thought the day would come. :angel:

Too all the Yankees fans I'll just reiterate the previous statement: "Who's your Pappi now?" :neener:

The Bambino is buried and Buckner is now forgiven.

Congrats Brink15, Froggo, Dave and other Beantowners. I was cheering for them. I think everyone who was not from St. Louis or the Bronx was cheering for them. The whole country got behind them 100%. :beer:

Its in my contract that I can't post in the Sports section without mentioning Arsenal ::. The book 'Fever Pitch' written by Nick Hornsby (also wrote About A Boy and High Fidelity) is doing a remake of 'Fever Pitch (his autobio about being an Arsenal fan) using a Boston Red Sox theme. One of the studios are definitely doing it from what I hear.

Congrats again. I still hate the Boston Celtics :onfire: (I'm a 76ers fan as you know) but I've never hated the Bosox and am very happy for you guys. :bow:

Too soon to think repeat? :dunno:

I returned to Boston the night of game 6 against the Yankees, but I still feel like I haven't touched ground. Totally unbelievable! Last night, after the final out, the streets in my neighborhood filled with people banging on pans and jumping around like a bunch pre-schoolers. I'm still afraid I might wake up and find it all a dream.

They had completed the filming of "FEVER PITCH", but with this incredible turn of events, they have decided to re-shoot the ending, and had the stars out on the field during the post game celebration, filming them embracing.

Dave

Happy constituant of Red Sox nation

Congrats Brinkie, Dave, and all of the Red Sox World. Thanks too for props from the others here.

I'm still not off my cloud yet. It only took my lifetime and my Dad's lifetime for this to happen.

Fucking unbelievable. Schilling's bloddy sock was a metaphor for all of this, wasn't it?

Don't know what else to say, except we are Champs!

froggo

Yep:

Me too. Yaz and Dewie Evans was also a favorite.

I now live in the NYC metro area but family all still in NE. I will be bringing one bottle of Grey Goose and one bottle of Padron to LOS next time courtesy of some NY fans in my office :beer:

2nd the thanks to wellwishers offering congrats.

Hey C. Steve, remember the Planet Lovetron? :: I still think the early 80s was the golden age of hoops, with the great Laker, sixers, and celt teams. I patterned my game on Rick Roby (if you remember him you really have a good memory!)

Hub,

I'll bring some JW and we can have ourselves a party here! Let me know when you get in.

Rick Roby - that brings back memories. Early to mid 1980s in the days of Parish, Bird, and McHale.

Back to baseball: Yaz was the man, wasn't he? I remember his big year in 1967. I was just a wee lad but he was my hero. Triple Crown that year.

The parade should be awesome. I paraded around nana last night, but it wasn't the same (prettier girls, though).

froggo

They won the whole lot when they swept the Cardinals in 4 games in St. Louis on Wednesday. They were never behind in any game, which was anticlimactic after coming back from a 3 game deficit against the archrival Yankees, something that had never been done before. But it's all good - Boston fans deserved a rest after that amazing series. I'm very happy for all their fans.

Archived