Tourists killed near death bridge

think_too_mut

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm, i will have to get back to u on that :)

nope it was a mistake on copy and paste, i thought i was still on the url for the sun, but forgot that i sorted out my avatar inbetween, when i saw it was on the av i thought a nice pic would cheer everybody up from such a nasty subject :)

An odd story all in all. A lot of baclpackers go around asking for trouble, so who knows what happened here. I'm not convinced the police officer was entirely to blame, even if he did drag the woman 150 meters and pump some lead into her.

Guest lazyphil

For christs sake BK the mother fucker put five bullets in the guys head...dont justify this arsehole, no matter what those back packers did it didn't deserve this bloody outcome, the little prick should've learnt to control his temper tantrums!

Yes...is a strange story. My gf's mother has meet the cop, as he has lived in same town, on and off, for a long time. Mother works with a Thai woman who knows him quite well, and was a co-worker with him, at one point. Here is this Thai woman's version, as told to my gf's mother, by her:

Brit girl had a long on-going relationship with Thai cop. She had come to see him many times before, in Thailand. Brit girl comes from a very wealthy Brit family, and Thai cop was only interested in her money, even though cop already had a Thai wife (common law?). Girl's Brit b/f was a fairly recent occurrence, and had not told him she was going to see Thai cop. Brit b/f found out where she was, and went there, to find out what was going on. An argument ensued in restaurant, with cop killing Brit guy, and then chasing down woman with car, and shooting her, to finish the job, that the car did not.

The real interesting thing is that she says cop is hiding out in Kanchanburi Provence, being protected by someone with 'very high influence', and was quite adamant with that (which makes sense, as cop has never been spotted traveling anywhere since, even though had no transportation). Taksin still does not know where, though. :: (and niether does Thai lady, other than to say she knows he is hiding in that provence).

Anyway, that is what is traveling through the Thai community gossip mill, from where he is from, and from some of those that know him. Who know's how much truth is there. ????

An almost immediate story right after it happened, was that girl was, in fact, having a relationship with cop. Kind of a strange thing to pop up right away, if not based in some truth. On the face, looked like a couple of backpackers eating in a restaurant, and getting into an altercation with the restaurant owner, with him going bezerk.

I'm not giving *any* validity to this Thai version, but have to remember that this is an exstremely high profile case, and does not seem that the true relationship between Brit girl, and Thai cop, has been explored much, concidering the attention this has gotten. Could that it be because of Thai/British relations, and not wanting to put the girl in bad moral light, for her family's sake? According to Thai version of things, girl did not know Brit b/f was going to come looking for her, while I remember British paper saying family saw them both of together at airport???? :dunno:

Just thought it would be interesting to share what the Thai's in that area are saying, and thinking.

HT

I dont think she came from a very wealthy family, she a hotel receptionist, mum social worker and father school teacher.

She had apparently saved up for 18 months, was her first trip to Thailand according to ALL UK papers.

Its being reported here that the "killers" family are muddying the waters.

Apparently the Thais are saying she sold pussy, how likely is this on her first trip to Thailand? with boy friend?

I think the general line of always supporting the Thais, which is prevalent on all Thailand boards sucks!

This was the couples first trip away, on long haul.Do you really think she started "working"

You are insulting your own intelligence to pander to this line of theory/

STH

Archived