Lost my sympathy for Bigley

An apologist? At what point did I defend the actions of the hostage takers???

What has he done to anyone? For starters, his greed and "it could never happen to me" attitude drove him to go there against the advice and wishes of his wife and relatives, and is now putting them through agony.

What this guy has done is take the risk of trying to make a lot of tax-free money by going to work somewhere that 99.9% of the people on the planet would avoid for all the tea in China. He knew the risks before he went, and actually joked to his neighbour "everyone dies at some time" before travelling there.

It's no different to a skydiver shouting "I blame the people who invented aeroplanes for this, it's your responsibility to help me!" as his ripcord fails and he plunges to earth.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, you are in BS mode again. I ask again for the facts, which company did he work for which allowed him to stay unsecured? He certainly has a right to appeal to Britain. As long as they don't warn their citizens to not work in that country, and don't take steps to get them out.

Your posts seem to be affected by jealousy towards people who do this kind of work? Is it because the money they earn, so now its "well deserved"? I doubt your motives in your postings. You even dragged up his wife in a sleezy, bad way.

I think this post is rather rude !

The guy is going to get murdered and you are bitching that he did not pay UK taxes !

there are 1000s of Westerners in Iraq working , yes they make good money because of the risks involved,

I assume he has a UK passport , thats why he was pleading for Blairs help.

I hope he comes out of this OK, but it looks doubtful :(

"I ask again for the facts"

Find out yourself if you want to know!

I'm out of here. I wanted to discuss current affairs with people who want to share their opinion on the topic, not those with nothing better to do than sling arrogant personal insults at posters whose opinion they disagree with.

""Please please help me see my wife who cannot cannot go on without me."

Perhaps he means I don't want my wife to be living the high life on my money, perhaps off with a new farang, for the next 40 years when my plan was to be there in 3 weeks time shagging her whilst spending my thousands earned in Iraq on short-time hotels.

So cynical"

Nuff said about who is slinging dirt from a safe distance, about a person and a family who he never has known except from media.

It's not rude. He is one of the few people who chose to be there.

How about the thousands of Western soldiers, Iraqi soldiers, and Iraqi civilians who have already died and who would probably would much preferred to be elsewhere given the choice? I'm just sick of seeing this one guy all over the headlines demanding that the rights of the few (one) be put above the rights of the many who will suffer similar fates if people start giving in to hostage taker's demands.

Nice cop-out, but:

I was aware of a board rule forbidding insulting attacks on other board users.

I wasn't aware of a board rule forbidding insulting attacks on anyone worldwide all over the news headlines.

I didn't come here for a laughable psychological analysis thanks, so c ya.

He is a civilian. He is not a soilder. He is taken hostage by terrorists. I would take the same stand vs. killings of innocent Iraqi civilians. I don't think that is any better.

Thats was not your point in your original post, and you mocked him in an unfitting way. Thats disrespect big time. You even went into comments about his wife, shame on you!!!

I thought you left??

I'm trying to leave.

Give me one reason why the hell should I respect him or his wife?

He seems selfish and greedy, and her plea looked fake. Thats my opinion on this topic. Try to disagree without the insults please.

samy said:

He seems selfish and greedy, and her plea looked fake. Thats my opinion on this topic. Try to disagree without the insults please.

:: :: If you don't get what INSULTS is, I can't teach you. You went quite further than that, look back on my last quote of your post. Review your own vicious posts about a guy you don't know and his family.

I will leave it up to others to waste time discussing with you, it seems you totally have disregarded what I wrote.

Do tell me when you have the info I asked you for, and which is not presented yet.

Archived