Lost my sympathy for Bigley

Yes please go. I've never seen such condescending claptrap.

Who the hell do you think you are to think you can tell me what to do (I must produce information upon your command) and what I should think (I must regard and accept what you write).

I feel sorry for the females in your life if that is how you address people you come into contact with.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I am a professional expat, I will reply in a somewhat sensible way.

So the guy worked in a foreign country. So do I. He is still a British subject regardless and he has to follow their laws. I am a Yank. So do I. I even have to pay taxes to the US even tho I do not live there.

He is a civilian, a civil engineer. He is helping to rebuild something that we (US & UK) fucked up. I think that that is noble. I spent 8 months in Quang Tre province in Vietnam removing unexploded bombs & mines because it was the right thing to do. My country fucked it up, so I should help fix it. I did it for room & board only. So he got paid. Good on him. I will not address the living situation as I do not know the details and I expect that you do not either (else you would back up your statements with a pointer to the facts as is customary).

I could give a shit how he met his wife or what she did before. Why do you? I do not know her nor her family and I am sure that you do not either. Why make assumptions? People under tremendous stress often act unusually. And English is not her first language. And Asians are simply not as emotional in public as Westerners.

My Thai wife spends more than half a year working for a MNC in the States. Ya she is college educated and very independent, but she needs my help to navigate through the maze that is the States. And I need her help to navigate through Thailand. Could we do it alone? Sure. But it would be much more difficult. And she is my friend and partner. My life would be much less rich wiithout her, and she agrees her's without me, even though we spend considerable time apart.

Greed? I do not think so. You tell me that you would not accept a new job with a 10K quid/year raise. Of course you would. Some of use chose to do the hard things, the dangerous things, because somebody's gotta do it. But we expect to get compensated appropriately for it.

A Limey of all things should understand that whole concept, especially with the rich history of things like the East India Company, Jardine Matheson, Sir Stamford Raffles, etc.

The whole thing is totally fucked up and I blame that fucker Bush the incompetent for the whole unnecessary mess! He should be at The Hague defending himself.

Regards,

SD

>>>Why make assumptions? People under tremendous stress often act unusually. And English is not her first language. And Asians are simply not as emotional in public as Westerners. <<<

actually, my missus saw the *plea* of the wife in thai today on TV, and was rather shocked how cold, brief and emotionless it was. she asked me what the fuck is this women about, her husband is about to be killed, and she just says something like: "please let him go because i think i would like to keep on living with him".

anyhow, whatever his wifey is about has nothing to do with the poor sod's right to live. one more guy who is about to get on bush and blair's long list of victims of their fucked up war.

suadum said:

I spent 8 months in Quang Tre province in Vietnam removing unexploded bombs & mines because it was the right thing to do. My country fucked it up, so I should help fix it. I did it for room & board only.

Regards,

SD

Thanks Suadum. This makes a good perspective on this discussion. I am happy for the country of my family also. You did it for us.

Cheers, and many thanks!

I think that people who put themselves in harms way are heros. No matter the reason it is harms way and a job that must be done! HEROS

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those who gave their life for the freedom of the oppressed Iraqi people!

Bless them and forever Honor them.

SoiSlut said:

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those who gave their life for the freedom of the oppressed Iraqi people!

excuse me please, i can understand that one does not agree with the war and bush and all that disgraceful shit, i don't either.

but i think "blessing and forever honoring" those islamic fundamentalist terrorists does go a bit far, innit?

i mean, i agree with you, they give their life for the freedom of the iraki people, but their methods are a bit dubious, wouldn't you agree?

cordially, fly

SoiSlut said:

I think that people who put themselves in harms way are heros. No matter the reason it is harms way and a job that must be done! HEROS

That was not what my reply to the previous poster was about... You got it all wrong mate. I praised one person who did a good deed, and who deserves respect in Viet Nam. If you want to cheer in your way about Iraq, point your post towards him, not to me.

'I spent 8 months in Quang Tre province in Vietnam removing unexploded bombs & mines because it was the right thing to do. My country fucked it up, so I should help fix it. I did it for room & board only'

good post Suadam.

i have a very good friend who was in Vietnam and eventually became a POW and suffered terribly.

when the conflict ended he took part in travelling the Country and dug up bodies of UK soldiers so they could be identified and given a proper buriel.

he wanted to write a book but was banned by the UK Authorities because of the Official Secrets Act.

he only wanted to tell his story and how things were.

but a few Months ago he was invited to Vietnam by the Government and was presented with a medal for helping their Country.

he looks so proud in the Photos with his Medal,knowing he done something good to help other people.

Samy seems to think this Begley bloke must be a parasite because of his desire to work abroad(but he might be unable to work in the UK for various reasons,i and others do not know)

and as for the comments made about his Wife,they are uncalled for.

as someone said before,whatever she did in the past has no bearing on this matter.

SAMY-------GO AWAY PLEASE.........

Archived