You know you have a pathetic NFL Fantasy team...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That trade we made was supposed to be for week 11 per the note I got from the league mailbot. But I log in and find that it happened this week. Why is that?

Now I cannot change players. I would have used Drummond and sat my new acquisition had I known. : :cussing: :onfire: :banghead:

Regards,

SD

SD,

I left you an emergency message last night on the league webpage about 5 hours before kickoff. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I will summarize here what happened.

Sunday morning (Bkk time) I accept your trade offer and note that it says the trade will be active for week 11. Sunday night approx 8pm Bkk time, I log on to my team page to make last adjustments and see that they have asked me to allow trade. I do so, and am surprised to see that players were switched over immediately...for week 10.

So, it's fine by me (although I wasn't trying to pull any kind of fast one, because even if I had known (which I didn't) that the change would be made then, I in no way needed it because my opponent for week 10 had several players in the starting lineup who were inactive and thus I already had a win (they eventually wound up with under 40 points)

However, I go to your team page and notice that Mcallister was in your starting lineup and now you had a hole. I did not want to cause you a loss so I tried to call your mobile. No luck. Then I called the Yakumbas manager for your home number and he says you were in the states. So, for the first time ever, I used my commish's discretion to enter your team page and edit your players. I activated your other starting running back Mcgahee, and activated the player you traded for (logic being that why would you trade for him if you didn't want to use him) and sat the WR with the fewest points in the season. Smith had made more than 20 points more than the WR Drummond, so it seemed a logical switch. (As it worked out Drummond had two td returns which more than doubled his best game ever...but Smith also garnered 18 points so not too bad for you)

So, I'm sorry I had to do it...but I truly believed that you would thank me for it later. I'm sorry if that's not the case. I was absolutely NOT trying to hurt your team in any way.

Good luck next week.

Dave

I am quite happy with the trade, and the Barfines are not really in a position to come back and bite me with it (tho' they could make a last minute run). Ya, McGahee had a poor week this week, but I believe in him (got to, he's a fellow 'Cane) and now I have three acceptable receivers in the four of Moss, Lelie, Smith and Davis, with a decent hole filler in Drummond. My RB are stout with McGahee and Davis starting and Sams as the filler.

I am feeling pretty damn confident coming into the playoffs!

Cheers,

SD

Archived