Why go to los in on rainy october!!

keith doug

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well K D, the reason that red blooded Vikings such as me have no problem with the rainy season is:

All the pale, insignificant, shallow, insipid, water frightened, pretend Sanukers for whom, the thought of rain drops falling on their head is so apalling, that they arrange their travel to coincide with the vast unwashed masses, who consider holidays to be best arranged for when everyone else will be there, will arrive en masse clutching bags of duty free, wearing football shirts because everyone knows that in order to holiday one must display an afilliation with an english football club, whingeing about the lack of a good chippy, or burger restaurant (a contradiction in terms), launching into gogo bars in groups no smaller than 6 individuals, sitting in the bar side seats attempting to insert tongues, fingers, bottles and lighters into any orifice, male or female that passes within arms length, disrobing and leaping on stage to compete with the dancers because you would wouldn't ya, getting into a fight with Somchai the food seller and then spewing in the gutter the last few scraps of carrot that made it from farangland, in order to wake up in a small hotel room with no recollection of any of the above and a small, interesting looking brown girl quietly demanding "how much you pay me, me go now...", whilst trying to remember where the wallet was hidden, before crawling down to the hotel restaurant, having to negotiate the others of the vast unwashed masses to drink insipid coffee with less than half of the team who started the evening before...

... won't be there in the rainy season.

Cheers

Coss

yeah, and the tourists, amateur punters and whiners are fewer. Hotels and services are emptier, the streets get washed every day. And besides, I like the rain. :doah:

So you can have the fun of carrying ladies across the street.

Last year in Patong there was about .5 meter of water and we just put on the booties from our diving gear and carried the ladies across the street. Unitll we go to drunk to continue as there was a fee of 1 Mehkong Cola attached to each job. Seariously they are very happy to find a man for the night. I like Sept and October a whole lot better that December and January!

thanks for the replies... especially the rain free zones!! nothing like clean shoes... and then splash splash shoes ieie...

on my last visit i buy 2 umbrellas and both collapsed !!but it was worth the visit to foodland ,,when the girl got a step ladder to reach the new stock in a box!! i do like pink underware haaa!! oops :)

Archived