How long does is take for a diamond to wear off?

bushpilot

You want all the sex/love? they can provide. They want all your money.

>>>what is wrong with that?<<<

You can't buy love. You can buy lot's of sex, and even happiness, for that matter. But you can't buy love, and respect. Poster seemed to think he has a new girlfriend now, now that he flipped her 20k baht, and she jumped into the sack with him. I was just trying to keep him rooted in reality.

When does the diamond wear off? Or in this case, "When does the 20k baht burning in her pocket wear off?". Answer: As soon as the next installment becomes due (read: when it's gone). If she's willing to ask a relative stranger for a diamond, I'd be willing to bet the stakes will be higher next round.

Yea....I know. I'm cynical. And poster seems to have his head screwed on pretty tight. Nothing wrong with her asking, and him giving (capitulating....Mailuk likes that word :D). As long as he is not reading "love", and 'serious romance' into it.

That fact she didn't even buy the diamond, and just kept the cash, was pretty funny. :D Saved her a trip to the pawn shop.

HT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi OH,

I'll buy the respect part, as related to LOS. Just found out tonight my gf has been telling her mother all this time (2 years), that I have been supporting her. ::

She says is to make me look good in families eye's, and she has to do. Parents need to know that they are sending their daughter to someone who can take care of her. I'm not sure so much respect though, as a security issue. Family might respect my money, but not necessarily me, as a person.

Khon Thai might abnormally respect you for your money, and the status that brings upon you, but still does not buy their love for you. A very distinct difference.

HT

They make great sales people and great con artists. You said you have know her for a year, but think again. You have probably only met wtih her in her place of business over a year. This is not "knowing". Be really careful for the next year or two. Don't go buying any houses or such unless you really are prepared to loose it (this applies to all cases of Thai-foreigner relationships anyway).

The 20k test doesn't tell you anything -she might have been pleased that you cared so much for her, or maybe she sold out to you. You won't know for a long time if ever. The email thing may have been planted, again, you may never know what is "reaL" reality and what was manufactured for her convenience. Proceed with great caution (as always). You may make operating assumptions, but don't start to believe you eyes and ears for a long time.

Kaw Jai Mai?

MaiLuk said:

Copitulate? Copitulate. COPITULATE! <big snip>

Copitulate: a merging of "capitulate" (to give in") and "copulate" (to... nah, if you don't know what that is, get off this board, ask your mommy for a glass of warm milk and go to bed).

Great hybrid word! Absolutely brillig!*

*josh-ingu: credit for that word goes to Charles Dodgeson

"..Khon Thai might abnormally respect you for your money, and the status that brings upon you, but still does not buy their love for you. A very distinct difference..."

I'l politely disagree, a lot of girls will drop you if there is no money comming in for the family. A lot of times "love" means that you support her family. "love" as we know it and "love" as many/most Thai girls see it are 2 compleatly different things.

Old Hippie said:

"..Khon Thai might abnormally respect you for your money, and the status that brings upon you, but still does not buy their love for you. A very distinct difference..."

I'l politely disagree, a lot of girls will drop you if there is no money comming in for the family. A lot of times "love" means that you support her family. "love" as we know it and "love" as many/most Thai girls see it are 2 compleatly different things.

I think your both right given the situation. I have experienced with some girls where they "love" you but they have a sense of responsibility to the family or need for approval where that love can't overcome. I have also experienced where the girl "loves" you and the family can go to hell, really depends on the chick.

I do know that the ability to support a chick is extremely important. There was one occasion where a Thai friend was insistent on introducing me to a teacher from a very good family background. I didn't want to get involved so I mentioned that I was in no position to entertain courting such a lady because I had recently traken a sabbatical from my job( a nice way of saying that I was making no money). The person agreed and said " you are right, we can talk about it when you work again".

[color:"red"] One girl had a choice of 2 guys who wanted to marry her, she said "...if I choose man at L.A., I can see you also..." getting the picture here dude? hey, they aren't all liars and scammers, but the things you mention, many of us have heard before

[/color]

Dear OH, please tell me that you are NOT impressed that these women still want to see you, right?

I am the one who keeps male friends, but I sure will include my Hubby when meeting most of these men. My problem is my Hubby don't care to associate with some of my friends, men or women. :(

Jasmine

[color:"red"]That fact she didn't even buy the diamond, and just kept the cash, was pretty funny. Saved her a trip to the pawn shop.

[/color]

This post made me remember the time of meeting a couple women, Thai, college educated who said that to sleep with a man before marriage, the men must put out cash or buy expensive jewelry. We all thought they were joking but may be they were serious than we thought??

Really HT, she probably tried the man and got away with it, that was all.

Jasmine

Archived