Husband are more tempted to have affairs in Thaila

jasmine

Hi,

A couple of my acquaintances just retired after working in the USA for 34 years. They are Thai borns, both were engineers and want to move back to Thailand. The wife is very hesitant for she feels that there are more temptations in Thailand for him to stray (he is really a good man and has never strayed). That is, many of the Thai women go after men with money, no matter how old or married they are.

I, sadly, agree with her assertion for I have seen a few women even with education (which should make them know better), have no intergrity and do not care whether the men are married or not, it is very sad for me. It seems to get worse as people seem to think money is the only solution for anything.

However, IMO, if a man wants to stray, he will do it, no matter where he is, I also have seen that also with a few Thai couples.

What do you guys think?

Jasmine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jasmine said:

However, IMO, if a man wants to stray, he will do it, no matter where he is, I also have seen that also with a few Thai couples.

What do you guys think?

Jasmine

I think that's right. Some men are predisposed to stray and their wives should accept that fact. Many do!

Some women will push their man away and almost make him stray through their jealousy, general disrespect and narcissism they display.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't tend to stray. But I have an uncanny knack for choosing women who possess one and often more of these negative qualities. So stray I must. ::

"he is really a good man and has never strayed"

And how would you be certain of that?

I asked my gf this question. Her reply: "Because I will ask you and you can't lie very well."

And she is right! :o

Best regards

I have seen a few women even with education (which should make them know better) have no intergrity

Hmm, what has education to do with integrity?

Their are several reasons for straying and the most important ones IMO are:

1) the character, if one tends to stray or not

2) the quality of the relationship

3) occasions

If they have a good relationship and he never strayed before then I don't think that he will begin to stray only because the occasions are more frequent.

Best regards

[color:"red"] Is the question will he go have sex with a bar girl etc

or will he have an affair with the idea of leaving his wife for that lady ?

OC

--------------------

[/color]

The wife believes that men who do not have opportunities are not tempted. In many ways she is right.

It has been an old Thai believe that men will stray for they are driven with testosterone. It is still common (info. from my Thai friends) who go up country for business who have parties thrown for them, the parties include prostitutes. A friend of mine (the only close Thai male friend I have) has phobia of disease so he is called at work as the man who respects and fears his wife. It is the society thing.

One of my GFs struggled for a long time with her ex-husband who frequented prostitute because he needed certain sexual activities which he could not and dared not asked from his wife.

I really don't know what fear she has, I don't think she thinks he would leave her, she just wants the life which they have in the USA, faithful to each other.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Hmm, what has education to do with integrity? [/color]

If you read my post carefully, I implied that with education, ones should know what "integrity" is and a person with more education, has more choices in life, should have more ways to keep integrity, I hope this answer satisfies the personnel who could not help but read my post between the lines.

:)

Of course, integrity is possessed by humen without education without money for some humen, they just have it and money will not make them lose it and lower themselves to do things they don't want to do, my mother who barealy can write has lots of that.

People change Naiv, some change according to opportunities and what society accepts. The Thais still turn blind eyes on men who occasionally have sex with professions, that is prostitutes, massage girls, for according to some Thais, they are just something ones bought, not any better than an item to be used. And I was told that in no way a normal Thai man will have a long term relationship with a prostitute (I am sure there are exceptions) and have a prostitute as the mother of his child. When I was told this, it actually makes me understand why so many Thais look down at the "farang wives" who they assume were prostitutes at one time or other, true or false, it does not matter. :(

That reminds me of a GOOD young man I met several years ago whose mother was a prostitute from the North, but that is a "stray" from this subject.

Jasmine

If he is the type that does not have affairs and can't conceive of having one, then he may not. I don't know the person to make that assessment. All what may happen is he is flattered at the interest but loves his wife too much.

Adultery, in my opinion, is scarier for women in the west than in Asia or other regions like South America. In America, its common for the 50 y.o. man to divorce his wife of 30 years and run off with the 29 y.o. secretary. In Latin countries and I would guess Asia as well, prominent men don't leave the wife and mother of their children as often as their western counterparts. There are long standing social taboos. You can't show up in society with the secretary on your arm. Maybe I'm assuming too much, but its my understanding (Jasmine, is that so?)

The 2nd wife, the 'trophy' wife is more common in the west.

Regarding the original question, if she is fearing he'll cheat on her, then perhaps there is something about his nature she knows about him. Perhaps where they lived there was no opportunity and all he lacked was opportunity. On the other hand she could just be a worry wort.

Archived