Husband are more tempted to have affairs in Thaila

jasmine

Well, a couple of points. First of all, there is so much opportunity in Thailand to have inexpensive "recreational" sex that any guy who "felt like it" would have no problem going for a quick one every once in a while. So, on that count your friend is justified in being a little concerned. ::

Secondly, almost all of the Thai men (businessmen) that I have ever met either have a g/f on the side or are working on setting one up. To me it seems to be rampant, sort of goes with the territory of financial success. (And causes all kinds of problems in the marriage.) :doah:

Third, just a question in general, is it really cheating if you don't know her name? :dunno:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OCGringo, good question, most Thai ladies are more scared of he husband leaving than having a fling occassionally I have noticed, NOT saying they will approve or wan or support wither.

Re Education, I dunno, I thought you all being good Buddhist jasmine would recognise the strong roll religion plays in place of education teaching integrity etc.

DOG

One thing I'd like to add to lots of good points made in this thread.

When I go to Thailand I become a different person. I talk different, act different, feel different. It's not that in the West one would get in trouble for it, but it'd be pointless. There is a completely different interface here in the West.

I know a Thai girl here in the U.S. She acts and talks like every other American girl. I also met her in Bangkok once. She was a completely different person too.

The husband in question would be in a different environment. He may play less tenis and he may watch less CNN or Johnny Carson or whatever it is that people watch these days. And he may do more of what makes Thailand such a fun place--go out with his buddies.

And if that happens, chances are they'll go to a brothel or to a Massage Parlor.

All,

I think what Jasmine is getting at is that these "educated" people cannot claim "ignorance" as the reason for their behaviour. They "should" know better, but of course we all know that education has nothing to do with integrity, it just makes it even worse when an educated person has none and behaves like an asshole. In the course of my life and travels I've met some pretty damned ignorant, cruel, bigoted, and unkind and mean university educated people, and some wise and decent and kind and "intelligent" poor folks with no or extrememly little education at all. Guess who I'd rather hang out with and call a friend? :beer: (And Jas, you're one of the good ones! I'll hang out with you any day! ::)

Cent

Jas,

Well, I live there most of the year now, and I do not stray. And believe me the temptation IS there. These women DO NOT care if you are married or not. It's all about the cash flow for them,and any man who falls inot their clutches is a fool who is soon parted from as much money as is possible. NOW, if I was a straying type I'd use their greed to my advantage to get some poon easily then slide out the door quickly, but that could be dangerous with these types of ladies as well! :: A man will either stray or he won't.It doesn'tmatter how much temptation is there. He's either strong or weak. He either loves her or he doesn't. BUT, she must also be doing her part to ensure he is a happy and satisfied partner. Otherwise even a loving and strong man will finally stray. Certain needs must be met, both physical AND emotional. It's a law of nature! :D

Cent

If you read my post carefully,

Maybe I didn't read so carefully

with education, ones should know what "integrity" is

With education ones know the exact definition of the word. But the meaning of integrity is known also by people who don't know the word.

a person with more education, has more choices in life, should have more ways to keep integrity

But a person with more education and thus more choices has also more occasions to do the wrong thing.

And, very important, a person with more education knows better how to avoid the drawbacks of not being integer.

And then there are statistics about how many people bring back money which they find on the street. Generally poor uneducated people bring the money more often back to the owner than rich educated people.

I hope this answer satisfies the personnel who could not help but read my post between the lines.

Hmm, I only got what you mean, maybe, by someones other post.

Best regards

[color:"red"] These women DO NOT care if you are married or not. It's all about the cash flow for them,and any man who falls inot their clutches is a fool who is soon parted from as much money as is possible. [/color]

I have this concept confirmed by most of GFs and most Thai male friends too. It is sad, when I was there we were so cautious even with the men with just GFs, whateever happens to morale? :(

[color:"blue"]Certain needs must be met, both physical AND emotional. It's a law of nature!

[/color]

If you put it that way, dear Cent, the same motion goes with women too.

Jasmine

Archived