Husband are more tempted to have affairs in Thaila

jasmine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine,

I think this is an easy one.....

Lets assume he is not on the far right or a sleaze ball but just an average guy..

Yes, i think the temptations are far greater in thailand than in western countries due to the culture.

Access to sex is far greater than what i experienced in the US. Guys go for long periods of sexual repression in the states and eventually redirect their eniergies on to other things.

Plenty of guys here get zero sex back home and focus all their attention on their next PI or LOS trip. Most of these guys have given up on any dating or sexual relations back home. Okay some go to expensive strip clubs and MPs bu they go with frutration due to costs and what one gets in way of service..

Here it is much more open and almost expected of healthy males to stray..hence the array of bars, basically sex clubs (call them what you want) and massage parlors.

It also doesn't hurt that the culture is better looking women to women (my opinion and i am sticking to it; one just can't defend FAT america) and a far greater sexuality/senuality in the air even when one is present in conservative/virgin settings....

Or maybe LOS is just plain more of a promisculous society even when factoring all these traditions and conservativeness we hear or see...

Add in a femine dominated culture where women look like women, where some men want to be women and the rest of the men have extremely femine characteristics to them..

Sex or a sexual atmosphere of physical beauty and looks seem to be always present even in the most conservative of places. It seems to be a dominating and unique feature of this culture and i am glad it is.......

Cardinalblue

cardinalblue said:

Cent,

You contradicted yourself. You say education has nothing to do with integrity then you say it makes it worse when an educated person has no integrity.

Well, if there is no correlation then it makes it the same, not worse whether educated or not....

Cardinalblue

CB,

All right. I might have worded this poorly. This below is what you are referring to? If you are going to point something like this out to me at least do me the favor of quoting it in your post to me so I don't have to search all my posts in the threads to see what you are referring to. I know, I'm lazy, :) but don't just make a statement and not show what you are talking about, in quotes and in context, and point out where YOU see this contradiction. It's just easier for all concerned. Here's what I said below:

"I think what Jasmine is getting at is that these "educated" people cannot claim "ignorance" as the reason for their behaviour. They "should" know better, but of course we all know that education has nothing to do with integrity, it just makes it even worse when an educated person has none and behaves like an asshole. In the course of my life and travels I've met some pretty damned ignorant, cruel, bigoted, and unkind and mean university educated people, and some wise and decent and kind and "intelligent" poor folks with no or extrememly little education at all."

I suspect you see this line "but of course we all know education has nothing to do with integrity" and "it just makes it even worse when an educated person has none and behaves like an asshole." as a contradiction. I admit to wording this improperly so it may look like a contradiction.

What I was trying to point out is that just because a person is educated does not mean he'll have integrity, even though most higher educational systems do try to teach their students ethics and instill integrity through their teachings this does not mean they'll have integrity, good morals, or ethics. Conversely an uneducated humble person of little or no schooling, "ignorant" if you will, can have much integrity. From the dictionary:

"integrity: Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code."

I was saying that it is worse because a student/person with a high education will have been taught about this. There he is not, or should not be, "ignorant" of this and knows what is being done is wrong, unethical, and lacking in integrity. Whereas an uneducated person may not have been taught this in school, but through the teachings, usually by example of his family and peers rather than any formal education, of life skills, moral values, etc. If not taught this in this way, and having no formal education or higher education, he can at least be excused due to "ignorance". The formally educated person has no such claim of ignorance (even if not shown these values by the examples of his family and peers) and I see it as a larger evil or inexcusable behaviour and deliberate avoidance of what he knows to be morally and ethically correct.

But yes, the statement that "education has nothing to do with integrity" is incorrect. I agree and see where it set up the contradiction. Sorry, I'm a bit tired lately, and even now probably am not expressing myself well. Time to sleep.

Cent

Jasmine - Don't know if your travels with the air force ever took you through the Philippines. Mine did. It was an accompanied tour so there would plenty of guys there with the wives. Some strayed, many (most?) didn't even though there was plenty of temptation. The nature of the social life meant that a few drinks with friends would take them downtown. Knew from talking to the wives of friends that they weren't worried and if they had any reason they should have been worried, their husbands kept it extremely well hidden. Conclusion--Not sure, but I don't think opportunity necessarily means straying.

::

[color:"red"] Here it is much more open and almost expected of healthy males to stray..hence the array of bars, basically sex clubs (call them what you want) and massage parlors.

[/color]

I don't know about expectation. A GF of mine told me about one of our HS classmates who was married to a man with PhD. The husband spent his time from the age 12 -35 in the USA so he literally grew up here but his attitude was "Get all the screws you can". He even documented it like how many Mexican women, how many whites, blacks, handicap and so on, his mother thought nothing about his behaviour. In Thailand it was worse and after 12 years, she said "That is it, if I stay, I will cut your penis off and you are not worthed going to jail for". Walked out and sued for 90% of his assets. Until today, he still goes around saying "I don't understand, I was just releasing my energy, just a man's thing". ::

I understand one of the senator is trying to promote "One man, one woman" to prevent AIDS and other family problems and I hope she can get that concept across.

It is sad when I was growing up, being nubile and was told that the best I could expect for a man was hopefully he is just a drunk, not any worse :o I hate drunks, my choice was very limited ::

Jasmine

<<I understand one of the senator is trying to promote "One man, one woman" to prevent AIDS and other family problems and I hope she can get that concept across.>>

Lets ban divorce too while we're at it!

Sadly I'd be your worse night mare, being drunk is a lovely hobby of mine at times,

DOG - Never nubile,

Cent said:

Jas,

Well, I live there most of the year now, and I do not stray. And believe me the temptation IS there.

Cent

Good for you cent but I expect you are in a minority here, maybe we should have a poll. It amuses me greatly to read 'married' guys on this board constantly boasting about their other gf's and prostitiute encounters. Sometimes they have opinions that are in other respects very PC, yet they obviously don't care about the feelings of those closest to them. It seems boards like this reinforce this sort of behaviour so that it becomes almost normal and excusable. Just because many thai men do it does not make cheating on your wife acceptable. I think many men justify cheating with the strangest arguments like what if the married sex life is no good, the wife does not mind as long as I don't leave etc. Bottom line is tell her what your'e up to and see what she has to day to that. If you have no respect for the wife and would not care if she cheated that's one thing. If you have and she would'nt do the same to you then that makes you a selfish, hypocritical shit.Yes the tempatation is greater in LOS for weak men-peter

Hi Cent,

at least I understood what you mean in your first post allready. Not that I didn't see the "contradiction", but I knew what you mean.

Thanks for explaining :)

Best regards

I hate drunks, my choice was very limited

Hi Jasmine,

my GF hate drunks too, so she "forbids" me to drink more than 1 glass of wine (the only alcohol which I drink) when we visit my parents (I only drink at social gatherings).

Now my question to you:

When is someone drunk? (After your definition)

And to everyone else:

Does your GF forbid you to drink?

Best regards

[color:"red"] Just because many thai men do it does not make cheating on your wife acceptable. I think many men justify cheating with the strangest arguments like what if the married sex life is no good, the wife does not mind as long as I don't leave etc. [/color]

Agree with you 100%.

It appears that some Thai women justify fooling around with married men also. For example, an article interviewed some women, one of the women stated that since the wife knows about it, the affair is ok! :: What stupid reason!

I hear the "married sex life is not satisfying" a lot. One man said that his wife became loose, not tight enough for him since she had their 2 children. That did it for me so I said "Have you ever thought that your penis has shrunk from you fooling around?".

Jasmine

Jasmine

Archived