Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen a post where fly tells people to 'fuck off', is it in german? On the subject of boring threads debating a subject this does not appear to be a problem if the subject is sex. On the bang na thread it is amusing to see that many of those complaining about it being boring actually posted on it themselves, why?

Are you saying the board is PC on sex? I don't see this unless you want to talk about cambodian brothels or underage stuff. PC in other areas like politcs, religion and immigration in other countries maybe, but it's still a better board than all the others, all it needs is improvement. Here limiting the number of posts would be retrograde and pointless. After all a commited serial poster would only have to post under different names then he could argue with himself!-peter

Perhaps I should have let thai3 have the last word of this thread as it could have closed it nicely, but still I'll offer a suggestion I think not previously mentioned explictly, except perhaps from JJsushi, who though this board already got an 'ignore' function?

Well do we? An ignore function is what they have at B2N forum & it lets every member put as many other members on ignore meaning they'll never see a word from their unwanted fellow posters no more!

Personally I don't find such a feature very useful as I like to read & judge before ignoring any poster, but still it seems to be almost a perfect solution for the anti FlyW etc. camp.

A dedicated 'debate' forum might also work if only we had moderators cabable of directing relevant threads/posters there?

See you around

High-Thai-ed said something about just speaking your mind. Well, I found out on here long ago that speaking your mind will get you slapped down pretty quickly by certain loud-mouthed egotists. I've been in Thailand for well over 30 years, but I just mostly bother with the Nightlife section now when I'm not upcountry or in Cambodia.

thai3 said:

I have never seen a post where fly tells people to 'fuck off', is it in german?

This thread, search on 'fuck off'.

thai3 said:

On the subject of boring threads debating a subject this does not appear to be a problem if the subject is sex. On the bang na thread it is amusing to see that many of those complaining about it being boring actually posted on it themselves, why?

The thread itself was very interesting, including the points Fly made. It just gets overbearing when he fights different POWs by repeating his own, ad infinitum.

thai3 said:

Are you saying the board is PC on sex? I don't see this unless you want to talk about cambodian brothels or underage stuff. PC in other areas like politcs, religion and immigration in other countries maybe, but it's still a better board than all the others, all it needs is improvement.

I agree, not PC on sex and I too don't want to hear about the nasty stuff that happens in Cambo. I was referring to PC in politics. And I agree again, it's no big deal, but since KS asked for feedback I thought I'd mention it.

ib13 said:

Perhaps I should have let thai3 have the last word of this thread as it could have closed it nicely, but still I'll offer a suggestion I think not previously mentioned explictly, except perhaps from JJsushi, who though this board already got an 'ignore' function?

Well do we? An ignore function is what they have at B2N forum & it lets every member put as many other members on ignore meaning they'll never see a word from their unwanted fellow posters no more!

Personally I don't find such a feature very useful as I like to read & judge before ignoring any poster, but still it seems to be almost a perfect solution for the anti FlyW etc. camp.

A dedicated 'debate' forum might also work if only we had moderators cabable of directing relevant threads/posters there?

See you around

Click on the poster's name, you will get his profile, there right hand down the page is the "ignore this user" button.

thai3 said:

I have never seen a post where fly tells people to 'fuck off', is it in german? On the subject of boring threads debating a subject this does not appear to be a problem if the subject is sex. On the bang na thread it is amusing to see that many of those complaining about it being boring actually posted on it themselves, why?

Are you saying the board is PC on sex? I don't see this unless you want to talk about cambodian brothels or underage stuff. PC in other areas like politcs, religion and immigration in other countries maybe, but it's still a better board than all the others, all it needs is improvement. Here limiting the number of posts would be retrograde and pointless. After all a commited serial poster would only have to post under different names then he could argue with himself!-peter

THAI3,

In case you didn't look it up here is just the one example provided.

Fly says:

"the reason that i am utterly tired of talking with you is that you only come up with the same old warmongering, intercepted by racist crap, the same old infantile shortsighted kneejerk explanations. as long as your posts are nothing else than a repetition of the same old boring shite, i just see no reason to treat you any different than a fucking troll who is only out to get interesting threads closed.

so, just fuck off. i am out of that potentially interesting thread here."

And it looks like English to me. A search, too exhausting to do now, would provide much more fodder of the way these endless debates nearly always end up. Endless crap posting ending in flames which most times we mods ignore up to a point, especially for the usual suspects who've been here for ages. But which could have gotten him and others banned numerous times really for flaming. Slack is cut, but not at an even handed rate really. What I find amusing is he accuses this poster of doing exactly what he himself does in many of these debates.

Sometimes this can be amusing and even interesting and informative, that is until the pissing matches start and the race for the final word, the winning post, the trophy and victory of another endless debate by the usual gangbangers or as I call them, the "Attack Dogs".

In my humble opinion, = my sanuk. Your milage may vary. I doubt it attracts newbies to join in the "discussions", and I wouldn't doubt it makes many move on after a while. We all can get a bit heated on occasion and have our little flings at verbal jousting, but most don't try to elevate it into an artform and a way of virtual lifestyle.

Cent

speaking your mind will get you slapped down pretty quickly

-----------------------

Frankly, i see a contradiction here. If you can speak your mind, then you probably can expect some contradiction, and IMO, being quite able to either take it, or simply leave it at that (since you spoke your mind, what is there to add?).

In general, i think better to see our forum as a community, a family, if you wish, with its crazy aunts, irate uncles, dim-witted brother, "know it all" cousin, etc.... Sorry to say, but if someone wishes to quit, or not join in, it could very well be he did not belong in the first place. I have quite a few buddies who know of this site, have barged in at times, but overall, are not interested, it has nothing to do with one member or 2 or 3, it just does not grip them to contribute regularly, and if they have anything to deplore, it's about the whole forum personality, nobody in particular.

Sure, some guys are leaving before getting a chance to belong, or lose interest but I don't think it's gotten to the point where the functionning and popularity of the forum is getting irremediably jeopardized.

I see so he did, what a naughty boy, did the moderator pull him up about it at the time? I don't see though that there is any evidence of the ocassional heated debate somehow frightening off newbies.I could bring up lots of crap and personal attacks by other posters which I would think more likely to do that, but then I would get accused of wanting the last word or of dragging on the debate.-peter

Archived