Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

Hi,

I've noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of anti-scene sentiment on this board and have been wondering why. After all, didn't all (or at least most) of those bitching partake of, and enjoy!, the very scene they are now condemning? Didn't they used to be one of those 'disgusting whoremongers' themselves?

I can understand losing interest in the scene, have done so myself. Have been happily (well mostly :) ) married for several years now and have not partaken of anything the naughty nightlife here has to offer. Hell, I don't even go into bars much anymore, just don't care about it anymore. BUT... that does not mean that I can now look down on those who still do what I used to do, nor to condemn the scene I used to enjoy.

I bet all of us who used to partake in the scene got something positive out of it, be it money, a relationship or even just some friendships.

So, I really hope we can find out why these sentiments are expressed so we can return to being a tolerant board again. Posts are down and I think that the above mentioned sentiments are at least partially responsible for it. It is no fun writing about your p4p experience and getting blasted for your trouble.

Sorry about the rant, but it is something which has been nagging me for quite some time.

Sanuk!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question KS. I'm not against it but I certainly feel like I've had the best years. And it's been a long time since I fell in love with a bar girl. Not sure I could anymore. Much too cynical. I prefer having a beer and a bitch with the lads these days. More fun, less stressful and less chance of catching anything nasty. Maybe the board needs a whole new bunch of punters and posters. :)

chuckwoww said:

Maybe the board needs a whole new bunch of punters and posters. :)

And a return of the lads who used to share a few laughs.

Well said KS.

:applause: :applause: :bow: :bow:

I am a board member who has (virtually) stopped posting because of perceived "anti-sceneness" here...(actually to be fair it was a whisker more complicated and got wrapped up in another issue which is well apart from the subject of this thread....however substantially I stopped because of the sentiment KS has identified....)

rompandadam said:

I am a board member who has (virtually) stopped posting because of perceived "anti-sceneness" here...(actually to be fair it was a whisker more complicated and got wrapped up in another issue which is well apart from the subject of this thread....however substantially I stopped because of the sentiment KS has identified....)

I thought u stopped because no one including yourself knew what the hell u were talking about with that ambuguous writing style of yours.

Where are these anti-scene posts at? I for one have not really come across them(I admit I hand out primarily in relationships and rarelyb read nightlife or trip reports). I know when I read former whoremongers ripping those participants in the P4P scene I will delve into that thread slice and dice their bullshit bigotries.

dunno, but i don't really see much "anti-scene-sentiment" here.

what i see is a natural evolution. many long term posters simply got down from the initial high the scene gave them in the first period of involvement, and look at it from a more realistic angle - a scene driven by cultural and economical poverty on the one hand, and certain illusions about it on the other.

i don't know, but the "scene" leaves me with the same unease it did long before i ever heard of internet boards. i know and understand the fun one can have there, but the conflict with its effects on the larger society does not make me very positive about it.

i am in two minds about it, call it hypocritical, i don't care, but that's how i feel.

what do you want? a board that just comrises of whoremongers where any criticism of the scene is not tolerated, such as in many other thailand related boards, or a board where a multitude of opinions are expressed?

Hi,

"Where are these anti-scene posts at?"

While there may not be any posts with people coming right out and saying as much (nor do I think I said that there were), many of them do have an undertone expressing it.

Oh, and I think posts just as the one you just made (previous to the one I am responding to) are also a big part of the problem. Here's a guy who finally posts again and what is the first thing that happens? Someone bitches about it and him. Nice welcome :banghead:

Sanuk!

Archived