Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

Cent

agree with a lot of what you say. I unsubscribblied myself from Asfo a few years ago as it just became insanely puerile. Goldenman's nonsense was funny for a month or two but for years, I felt like opening a vein! One only has to check out the other boards that have a flame room, one that immediately springs to mind is Angeles2, and it's rather strange watching grown men act like children going on and on about who said/did what and bearing grudges etc. Not nice.

Agree, there are some posters who are tedious with incessant posting and I'm not going to name names or join in witchhunts but as Shakespeare said "brevity is the soul of wit". That does put people off from posting in certain interesting hijacked threads including this poster ,(but maybe I post too much anyway), and as Whosyourdaddy said life is too short. One would hope that as adults we would all be able to exercise a little self moderation, as P127 pointed out.

Getting back to the original topic of posting, I'm not sure that people on the board are more anti-scene. I think it's more a case of those that are not anti-scene don't feel the need to post. Probably due to the fact that some of the stuff that is discussed is patently obvious. Yes, the scene is fun for some but others pay a terrible price on both sides of the divide. Yes, indentured prostitution is evil. That really is all that is needed to say but it's funny how the same sentiments can get re-hashed, regurgitated and extrapolated upon over and over again.

:relieved:

Now maybe it's time for a ...

:grouphug:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived