Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thai3 said:

I see so he did, what a naughty boy, did the moderator pull him up about it at the time? I don't see though that there is any evidence of the ocassional heated debate somehow frightening off newbies.I could bring up lots of crap and personal attacks by other posters which I would think more likely to do that, but then I would get accused of wanting the last word or of dragging on the debate.-peter

Peter,

No, he probably was not called on it. A lot of the times the mods let stuff like this slide if it is from a long time poster who posts a lot, and these debates can get heated and most of the "flames" are fairly mild and there is no reason to get too heavy over it as long as it doesn't continue on. Parting shots they are usually said when someone who has little good to respond in an intelligent way cause they are pissed off try to get the "last word" in. Mostly kid stuff, and harmless util the next battle. Although if a newbie or someone not so well liked does this it usually will get attention, which I find a bit unfair and uneven. We all do it though at one time or another. And yeah,as I said, if one wanted to spend the time and energy we could come up with tons of these things to show and offer as "proof". We go back a long way Peter. You remember the old ASFO flame wars and other places where this was rife and a daily, hell minute by minute happening. KS and the mods do a good job discouraging this flaming, and what does go on here is usually very mild as I said. No big deal, but I see it usually popping up by a certain few as they are engaged in these heated and endless debates. It's just something to watch for and keep under control.

Same ol' same ol'. :) Like I said earlier in this thread in the other post, the mods, most of them, actually will cut the members quite a bit of slack in these instances.

Cent

I'd just wish I could ignore myself sometimes!!!

LOL ! Theoretically, I can tick 'Ignore this user' for every other board member, and engage in endless threads where I do nothing but debate myself on the pros and cons of increasingly obscure topics ! I think I'm starting to get an insight into one or two of my fellow board members ::

Archived