Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS

The idea of a seperate debate forum might have something though ...

I reckon that this is a good idea....that way those that want to get into a discussion (and there are members that do) can use this area to talk til they are blue in the face....BTF has something like this with their Z forum where anything goes.

FOZW:

Regarding development of the board... "not me. i just observe it." Now that's BS. lol.

"no one individual can change the direction of such a board."

YOU have. There is basically no more discussion on some neighboring countries because of you. That's just a fact.

Posters have dropped from the board because of you. Amongst all posters, you probably have one of the highest effects (hugely positive and negative) on the board.

The fact that you cannot see it doesn't surprise me.

As for "started calling my posts 'bullshit' etc. without presenting any facts to the contrary"

You still don't freak'n get it. It's the impression you give when you extrapolate your experiences that everywhere and everything is dangerous. That's what I call BS. This is your doom and gloom attitude I've been harping on for well over a year and a half and you still don't get it. As for evidence to the contrary, look at all the people who agreed with me on the thread. A lot more have done that in person. FOZW: Getting in the SHOWER IS DANGEROUS!

<<burp>>

I think the old timers tend to be critical and that really affects how welcomed new people feel to the board.

I think this is reflected in the number of back and forth boring discussions, new posters, and our non-existent trip reports forum. Well, if we didn't have Sayjann and JGD, it'd be non-existent.

Who wants to post a trip report if it gets disected. Post a trip report to remember the great time one had and to laugh at one's self. Not to feel you are being laughed at.

<<burp>>

>>>It's the impression you give when you extrapolate your experiences that everywhere and everything is dangerous. That's what I call BS.<<<

that thread was about a particular area of town, an area i happen to spend lots of time in. not *everywhere and everything*. in addition i have posted other exact locations i know to be dangerous.

if you have that impression that "everywhere and everything is dangerous" then i would ask you to read my posts more carefully.

>>>As for evidence to the contrary, look at all the people who agreed with me on the thread.<<<

yes, and more than a few *with* experience in the nights out that particular part of town agreed with me.

>>>YOU have. There is basically no more discussion on some neighboring countries because of you. That's just a fact.<<

OK, i give you that point.

but i have never intended that there should be no discussion at all. what happened more was that every discussion led to arguments. and that was not solely my fault.

what was made the rule was that subjects such as places kown for childprostitution and indentured prostitution should not be debated anymore. and it appears that taken those places out of the debate there is not much left to discuss.

do i have a problem with discussing ankor wat? no. why then is that place not discussed more?

>>>you probably have one of the highest effects (hugely positive and negative) on the board.<<<

so, that means we are then in a bit of a catch 22 situation - curb my posts (and others of "my fraction" ;) ) - and you'll have people staying away. keep it as it is - and you'll have others staying away.

which somewhat nullifies all that has been said here.

why can't we simply stop all that self analysing, and let it go as it always did? you anyhow can't make it right for everybody.

i think the most harm done to any board is those "policy debates". that really frightens people the most, and leads to more fractionalising.

and limiting the number of posts an individual can make?

that may be good to keep people from getting too addicted ;) but it will hardly put up traffic.

I think it is total crap for a bunch of guys to come down on FLY and say he is one of the reasons the board is anti-sanuk. That is complete bullshit. Sounds like a freaking withchunt.

Last I checked there were moderators-are they really doing their jobs properly? If a thread deteriorates to the degree that turns most people off, then why don't the mods or KS step in? Isn't there an ignore button feature so that one does not have to read anothers posts?

Last time I checked again ANYONE can post on this board, whatever they want as long as it does not violate board rules. If the majority of people allow a a so called few handfuls of posters to dominate then they get what they deserve. Sort of like the US and the re-election of GWB.

I am really starting to get sick of this cry baby attitude around here and people talking about deleting posts and placing all kinds of restictions. If one chooses to be part of the silent majority then what are you complaining for?

I read the MM thread and I was sickened that people got so nasty over trivial shit.

I bet you the same people complaining still won't post squat even if a FlyW stops posting.

Face it KS the majority of your members are READERS not POSTERS. So let's stop this witch hunt crap and blame game.

I suggest that for those people who want a better forum environment and more sanuk friendly, they should join the PAYSITE. KS that is where your energies should be focused getting these readers and lurkers an incentive to join your paysite.

All of this would not have to be discussed, and in that i agree with you, if:

the people who know they, now, or in the past, attracted criticism from KS and other mods, about NOT WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY, but the WAY IN WHICH THEY SAY IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, practiced a bit self-discipline for the sake of living in a group, albeit cyberly. that directly means me and FlyW for sure.

I have not become perfect, but over the years it has been pointed to me that I "overdid" it, and no matter how it could have been that the criticism was totally wrong in my eyes (it was not), the right answer was not to adopt a "but i am right!!!!" attitude but assess that my ways were bothersome and disturbing people i relate to as friends.

I will not talk for FlyW, if he has tried to think "group" instead of "I am right!!!", but i think when KS PMs us personally about a trouble or mods level a criticism at one of their own privately, it's grown up thing to meet them half way, hear them and heed their advice.

I like the debate room idea.

I enjoy watching and sometimes participating in a good debate -- it's one of the things that keeps you coming back to a board again and again.

To me, straight info boards are too boring.

That said, when people are just looking for info or something simpler, it can be annoying to have a thread hijacked and turned into a poli sci/sociology course.

I'd love to read those debates, just not in the main thread.

I say the debate room is the answer.

The solution to low readership is a greater selection of tailored content, so readers in any mood can get what they want when they want it.

Archived