Having your GF hit on

thai3

Hi,

"In any event you were completely wrong and basically talking out of your ass. Don't compound it by your snide "flavor of the day remark". "

Is this the only kind of way you can react? Is there really any need to be so rude?

Think I already called you on this before, do I really need to keep repeating myself?

Sanuk!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shyguy,

>>>Doesn't your GF tell you about the Thai men approaching her?<<<<

Yes....she does. (at least I hope. :D)

But the ratio is 50:1. Thai guys are unlikely to hit on her without knowing her. As she does not drink, or go out much, she is more subject to strangers on the street, which is much more likely to be farangs on holiday. Her boss did take them to the Coliseum last month, where a Thai guy did pass his card to her. Sure it happens.

But at least in BKK, it's a farang who will be the likely aggressor to her.

HT

I find Thai guys are not quite as predatory as Farangs.

Given many may not think the Issan girl is not their form of stunner compounds this, bu mostly I think they feel, "I can buy a girl, no point trying to wow one".

It's Farangs who try to hit on I see more often, I DONT think they always think "He bought her so could I", I just think Farangs are more used to "Courting", err, hitting on a girl, than thais.

DOG

Hi ND,

I don't think there is any question that a Thai girl is more likely to be approached on the street by a farang, as opposed to a Thai guy. At least not verbaly. It's just not culturaly acceptable.

The Thai way, is much more subtle, from how I understand it. But that is not to say that if both are in a bar, that a thai guy will not be aggresive. But more likely to be a passing of a card, rather than asking "rakka thao rai" (price is what?), as a farang might be inclined to do.

HT

It's not a whole lot different from what a "know-how" farang would do in the west, from what i experienced, as far as thais go. It makes sense, since very few farangs, especially uncouth visitors, can really speak thai at length. A thai can.

Usually, he will chat with the girl, rather innocently, not looking at his watch for the "kill", and will humour/join the whole group if she is with others, not making it too obvious who his interest is on, always the idea of saving face, by avoiding misunderstandings.

Er, Just like me, really! ::.... If i can overcome my :o . Damned first step!

Hi pe7e,

>>>So am I<<<

So are you what?

Commenting on my inconsistancies? What is unconsistant? The fact is I will not go get previous posts to shove in someones face? Did you read my post? The fact is, that I will not go into battle, as this is not the purpose of this board, and I'm saying is important to play nice here.

What is your problem with that? That I'm addressing a poster saying I'm talking out of my ass? Sure.....I could lay over and play dead, but is not my style. We have problems here, and needs to be addressed. I'm inconsistant with nothing. If, and when, you can show me where, I'll be glad to listen to something more than one-line, off-hand comments from you.

I'm trying to be nice. Show me where I haven't tried to be here, and we'll then talk. ;)

HT

Hi p,

>>>>It's not a whole lot different from what a "know-how" farang would do in the west, from what i experienced, as far as thais go.<<<

That is my thought also. You wouldn't go up to a girl at your local mall, and ask how much she charges for sex. Pretty much the same for Thai's, if not more so. The only devience comes when farangs hit LOS, and think things are different there, for some reason. A tiny 2% are involved with prostitution there. But most girls there are much more conservative, as a whole, than are in other countries.

HT

So are you what?

Commenting on the inconsistancies of course, don't you see the irony between your two statments? On one hand lamenting the halycon days when the board was a fun and curtious place, then expressing the desire to slay someones arse with a previous post, to me, it came over as a very aggresive comment, hardly fun and curtious, at least where I come from. Maybe it has a different connotation where you come from. ::

Archived