Farang on Suk Soi 19 on his last legs

MaiLuk

Hi,

"I got used to PC and other opportunity reasons (which I understand although I don't share) getting in the way of interesting discussions... "

Uh... my comment was because this was turning too personal, and I will not allow personal attacks on this board. Nothing to do with being PC or not.

Sanuk!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an honorary British consul in Pattaya, Barry Kenyon. He is highly respected.

I've heard of numerous stories of his helping fellow countrymen and I have personally seen him put his hand in his pocket to reimburse a guest house owner who was caring for a Briton, who was too sick to travel and had run out of money to pay his bills. I think the bloke died shortly afterwards. Whether that money was his own or the UK government?s I don?t know.

It might be a blessing if someone dobbed this "down on his luck" into the Thai authorities. They could arrest him for vagrancy or possible visa violation. Then they would contact the British Embassy prior to deportation. A few nights in the immigration lockup doesn't sound much worse than the state he's living in now.

:beer:

Just back from a business meeting at Canada Embassy where I asked the hypothetical question.

The first thing they ask, "Does the destitute person have NO family or Frineds who will help"

if no then they provide emergency passport, and arrange ticket and travel expences covered by a soft loan.

Now I didn't reply before because I wanted to check. The Aussie Embassy does teh same thing.

Sad thing was, afte the Tsunami, a number of people took advantage of this offer, which was obviously made a LOT easier than before to get back home for a "free" ticket.

Apparently more than a few people who WHERE NOT at the tsunami areas, claimed to the various Embassies they were, and got a bunch of stuff.

nice one

DOG

khunsanuk said:

Hi, Guys, I'm not really certain I like where this is heading.

Currently in circles. Most points have been debated extensively.

Might be nice to have an update on whether the subject of this article has been seen lately. Maybe he has resolved his situation, or somebody could apply some of the suggestions in this thread to help him if still needed.

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. [/color] Peter, knock it off.

That dog and the other 4 pups which came from the same litter, are the only source of income I have!

[color:"green"] Can you possibly imagine how long it took me to train HER to do that? [/color] I had to sit with her for weeks, looking at the cup before she would even start to imitate me. Don't get me going, I am still scratching from the fleas.

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :chili:[color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :chili:[color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili:

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/color] no peeing while dancing!

Interesting thread.

The question I ask myself is "what would I do?".

1) Get myself into my embassy and chain myself to the ambassador?

2) Claim asylum at a "freindly" emabssy.

3) Tell the UK embassy that I was a member of Al-quaida and was surrendering - on the basis that the Brits would take me home - and once their the legal stuff would be sorted out...............eventually ::

4) Rob a couple of Drunk Farangs for my air ticket money.

5) Find myself a dress and a pair of high heels and find a very drunk "sexy man" - may even shave my beard off..............

All other suggestions welcome - for future reference, just in case. :: :: ::

David

Archived