Sorajja Nual-yu's predictions for 2005

khunsanuk

Okay, here are the predictions made by Sorajja Nual-yu, a Thai astrologer. Let's see how many he gets right :)

January - Bangkok will suffer from a terrorist attack, creating shock and loss of life. The bird flu will come back, resulting in more damage and an epidemic, amid new diseases. The oil shortage will continue, and the economy will get into a slump.

February - The month of the general election will witness a terrorist act in the South. Several hotels will be destroyed, with a hostage crisis and assassinations. More road accidents will occur. The Bank of Thailand will undergo a reform. The tourist industry will be in bad shape.

March - Important figures in the country will die. Firms will have to lay off employees. The North will suffer from an earthquake. Theft and robbery will proliferate.

April - The stock market will crash. Important figures will face deteriorating health.

May - The most tragic month of the year. The stock market will crash again, while the political situation will become even more volatile. Several factories will have to close down, with employees laid off. Unemployment will follow. There will be some aviation accidents.

June - This will be a month of calamities. The climate will change quite suddenly. Accidents are likely. Aircraft will crash.

July - This will be a rather delicate month. There may be a coup and bloody conflict. It will be a time of great political conflict within the country, bringing about economic hardship and a stock-market slump. Fires will occur throughout the country.

September - The first half of the month may be smooth, with important visits from foreign dignitaries. Thai monks will see more tarnishing of their image. The government will face a challenge that could lead to a labour strike.

October - The Thai political scene may be in for a change. There may be loss of life. There may be a dissolution of Parliament. Natural disasters will continue to ravage the country, in the North, Northeast and South. Bangkok will be flooded.

November - The stock market will crumble. The Thai public will face higher debt. Bangkok will face another serious flood. Coastal areas will be hit by disasters. The railways will be cut. The telephone system will break down.

December - There will be the beginning of a bank crisis. Stock prices will fall. Accidents and disasters will proliferate. The government will not be able to tackle the problems.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sawatdee krap,

how reliable is he ? After brief analysis I put his words under the BuBi filter and results are as follows :

January : economy will get into a slump

February : tourist industry will be in bad shape

March : firms will have to lay off employees

April : stock market will crash

May : stock market will crash again

July : bringing economic hardship and a stock market slump

September : possible labour strike

November : stock market will crumble

December : bank crisis , stock market will fall

Conclusion : If after a rather dull year like this there is still space for another stock market crisis in december I would say the Thai Index should be somewhat overrated at the moment.

He does not say Flyonzewall will win the election :relieved:

BuBi

'Bangkok will be flooded'

being a BKK virgin i know nothing of the lay out of the land in that area.

could this happen in BKK is something like an Earthquake happened near to BKK?.

obviously i know of the Chao Praya(sp)river and i know any river can flood but is there anything natural or man-made incident which might cause flooding?.

i live in an area of the UK which is open to the sea and has a natural harbour and therefore has been cultivated as a navel base for the last 2000+ Years(the Romans were one of the first to see the attraction)but the rest of the City is protected by high ground and not a lot of destruction would happen in the long run.

could this be said about BKK?.......

sayjann said:

'Bangkok will be flooded'...being a BKK virgin i know nothing of the lay out of the land in that area...could this happen in BKK...

Bangkok used to flood all the time during the rainy season. I remember being stranded in a bar on Sukhumvit (oh damn!) because the water was knee high and there were no taxis out there. Soi Nana used to regularily be flooded. And even today Suk soi 26 gets flooded (a friend lives down there and it's a mess to get to his place in October). But the new strom drain system has helped this greatly in the city.

So yeah, it could easily happen.

An earthquake would be unthinkable. Bangkok is built on mud (like Kobe Japan) but with no urban planning. It would be an unreal diaster with 100's of 1000's dead!

Cheers,

SD

thanks for the info,but interested in knowing a little more.

i know Patong Beach well and know it was an easy target for a tidal wave.

coming in off the Ocean with nothing in it's way to stop it much damage was done.

but what would happen if BKK was in the sams situation?.

lets just think about an event which could have happened with the same force and the water was headed towards BKK.

would BKK's position be an advantage to it or would the River be affected and cause many deaths?.

i know from my limited experience of the City that when it rains the streets can flood,have got caught myself in roads full of water.

if what happened in the Indian Ocean near BKK would there be the same amount of loss of life?.

Could happen during high tide when the river is flowing northward and then have a flash flood up north. If the down pour was severe enough, one or more dams could give way.

That could cause havoc all along the river.

January - Bangkok will suffer from a terrorist attack, creating shock and loss of life. The bird flu will come back, resulting in more damage and an epidemic, amid new diseases. The oil shortage will continue, and the economy will get into a slump

subway collision close enough ???

BB

Archived